DataNow Supports Windows 10, Delivers In-Location Sync, and Enables Shared Group Folders as Drive Letters
Reading, UK., February 4, 2016 – AppSense, the global leader of secure user environment management (UEM) solutions, today announced the latest release of DataNow, a simple and secure file sync and migration solution. The latest release of DataNow extends support for Windows 10, features In-Location Sync and enables the use of Shared Group Folders as drive letters.
Access to existing data is one of the biggest hurdles enterprises face when migrating to Windows 10. DataNow is the only file sync solution that delivers a completely native and seamless end user experience across any Windows environment leveraging any management or storage infrastructure. DataNow enables “just in time” granular sync from file and folder default locations, saving on storage, bandwidth and administration costs. Users don’t need to copy, move, monitor or redirect files to sync them. Files simply sync in the background, wherever they are located, without any user action.
“Our employees’ workstyles vary from mobile to physical desktop, and DataNow ensures that all our data is consistently synced, no matter what the work scenario or device,” said AppSense US customer Omesh Pertob, Virtualisation Architect, City of Round Rock, Texas. “We look forward to offering them the same convenience when we migrate them to Windows 10 this year—and we won’t have to worry about losing any data when moving them over.”
DataNow’s Shared Group Folders feature reinforces use of corporate drives and eliminates data sprawl and file search issues typical in many companies. To users, files on shared drives appear to reside on their local drive, even when mobile.
“DataNow removes the risk from Windows 10 migration. When our customers migrate users to Windows 10, AppSense enables them to sync all files and settings data from a user’s laptop or desktop and make them instantly available on that user’s new Windows 10 device—without disrupting the user,” said Bassam Khan, Vice President of Product Marketing at AppSense.
DataNow’s unique approach to secure data access and migration works with existing shares and servers to enable enterprises to deliver:
- Effortless Migration of User Files to Windows 10 and for Hardware Refresh – Files and folders follow the user and can be selectively synced, with instant access.
- Easy Access – Business users can access and work on files from anywhere at any time.
- Secure Access - DataNow secures data with 256-bit AES encryption as it is transferred between client devices and the DataNow appliance. Any files that users download to mobile devices are also encrypted on the device and can be wiped on-demand automatically or by an administrator based on contextual factors.
- Easy Configuration – IT can simply adopt DataNow and enable clients in minutes without changes to existing storage infrastructure or user profiles.
- Automatic Sync – Files and folders are continually synced in the background, so users do not need to copy, move, monitor, or redirect files.
- Simple File Management – IT can administer file access for business users via a virtual appliance.
- Native Folder Mapping – Now supported in Windows 10, native folder mapping allows users to continue to work with files in familiar locations like My Documents.
- Assured Regulatory Compliance – IT can control the sync of files and folders for compliant data retention.
DataNow 3.6 with In-Location Sync, map points enabled as network drives and Windows 10 support is available now. For more information or to request a demo, please visit http://www.appsense.com/products/datanow/
AppSense is the leading provider of UEM solutions for the secure endpoint. AppSense user virtualization technology allows IT to secure and simplify workspace control at scale across physical, virtual and cloud-delivered desktops. AppSense solutions have been deployed by over 3,600 enterprises worldwide to 9 million endpoints. The company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with offices around the world. For more information please visit www.appsense.com.
On Your Case Ltd for AppSense
+77 87 566382