On Thursday 17th September, brands and retailers can learn how to fast track their international growth by attending Fashion Without Borders - a free full day event focused on selling globally via online marketplaces.
Hosted by Pentagon, the leading ecommerce service provider for marketplaces, and government body UKTI, Fashion Without Borders will be held at the Grand Connaught Rooms in Great Queen Street, London.
The event will introduce 12 marketplace speakers, from across the globe, and will showcase the potential of selling internationally through pre-established platforms, with high market penetration. Online marketplaces already present an incredible multi-channel selling opportunity for business of all sizes, and are rapidly increasing their foothold in international ecommerce.
Fashion Without Borders speakers include:
- Qingfei Xu: Associate Director at China’s largest direct sales company, JD.com
- Ahmed Alkhatib: CEO and Founder of the Middle East’s leading online shopping community, MarkaVIP
- Smrithi Ravichandran: Director at India’s largest marketplace, Flipkart
- Britt Kritzler, B2C Seller Growth at the UK’s largest marketplace, eBay
- Dorina Brancato, Head of Business Development at France’s most popular home and fashion website, La Redoute
- Aymeric Moser, Marketing Director at Europe’s leading online shoe retailer, Spartoo
- Sean Summers: VP Marketplaces at Latin America’s largest ecommerce ecosystem, MercadoLibre
- Aleksandra Olszewska: Head of Marketplace Operations at market leading Spanish online fashion outlet, Privalia
- Farrukh Syed, CCO Crossborder at Southeast Asia’s number one online shopping and selling destination, Lazada
- Chikodi Ukaiwe: VP, Market Expansion at Nigeria’s largest online shopping mall, Konga
- Andriy Logvin, CEO & Co-Founder of Ukraine’s most popular private shopping club, ModnaKasta
- Celestyna Zachariasz, Category Group Manager of Fashion at the number one fashion etailer in Poland, Allegro
Core panel sessions, run by industry experts on localisation, tax, legal compliance and logistics will provide in depth advice on how to overcome the barriers of cross-border trade. These sessions will look at:
- Capturing the local approach: from language to sizing
- Evaluating the risks: a financial step-by-step guide to selling internationally
- Understanding and overcoming the legal barriers to entry
- International shipping and international returns: making logistics work for your brand
Throughout the day, four networking sessions will give brands and retailers the chance to meet the marketplaces and industry experts one-on-one, and get answers to those all important questions for your brand.
Laurence Guy, CEO of Pentagon said, ‘following on from our highly successful spring event, we expect the autumn edition of Fashion Without Borders to make an even bigger impact on British retailers. We are introducing more marketplaces, providing expert panel sessions on international ecommerce and offering solutions to transform brands’ overseas offering. This is a fantastic event for any merchant that wants to expand into new markets.’
UKTI, whose E-Exporting Programme has been designed to help UK brands and retailers sell products overseas via online channels, have partnered with Pentagon to host Fashion Without Borders.
Head of their E-Exporting Programme, Denise Harris said, ‘UKTI are delighted to be involved in the second edition of Fashion Without Borders. Engaging retailers with global marketplaces and supporting the international growth of British brands is exactly what the E-Exporting Programme was designed to do. We believe that brands and retailers will get a huge amount of knowledge from this event and we are looking forward to assisting them on their global journey.’
With only two weeks to go and over 250 delegates already confirmed, including the likes of Asda, Debenhams, Dune, Marks & Spencer and New Look, register today to guarantee your seat!
To find out more about UKTI’s E-Exporting Programme, visit: www.gov.uk/e-exporting.
+44 (0)20 8940 5392 / +33 970 440 034
Pentagon is an award winning, market leading, service provider for brands and retailers who want to sell through online marketplaces globally. Founded in 2009, Pentagon provides technology integration, consultancy, implementation, account management, data optimisation and customer services for companies across the retail spectrum.
We manage stores for clients including BMW, Sports Direct, Halfords, Reckitt Benckiser, Ann Summers, Philips Lighting, Links of London, El Corte Ingles, Blue Inc, Peacocks, and Maplin Electronics.
Whether you are a brand, high street retailer or pure play ecommerce business, we can help you leverage the power of marketplaces. If you are looking to work with a company that adds value to your business, offers a risk free commercial relationship, and maximises your sales, then talk to us today.
Connect with us
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK’s economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. UKTI offers expertise and contacts through its extensive network of specialists in the UK, and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world. We provide companies with the tools they require to be competitive on the world stage. For more information on UKTI, visit www.gov.uk/ukti.