Designed to help increase revenue and enhance customer experience for MNOs through an identity strategy that leverages the privacy-preserving, biometrics-ready FIDO Framework
Feb 19, 2016
Barcelona & Palo Alto, CA — GSMA Mobile World Congress – Nok Nok Labs, an innovator in modern authentication and a founding member of the FIDO® Alliance, today announced the launch of the NNL™ “Jumpstart Program for Mobile Connect.” This program compliments the other products and solutions that Nok Nok Labs offers to Mobile Network Operators, and is designed for MNOs that utilize Mobile Connect with their strategy and offerings that address customer identity, authentication and biometrics enablement. The program will help Mobile Network Operators deliver a biometric-enabled, FIDO Certified™ customer authentication experience via Mobile Connect that increases revenue and loyalty with their own customers as well as opening the door to additional commerce services and partnerships.
The MNO industry, under the auspices of the GSMA and in cooperation with Nok Nok Labs and the FIDO Alliance, has developed an architecture for easy integration of biometric and other emerging authenticators. The NNL JumpStart Program for Mobile Connect allows MNOs to rapidly build an identity strategy that better engages customers either directly, via simplifying access to an MNO’s own services, or indirectly, by providing solutions to third-party service providers via Mobile Connect, with greater convenience and improved security. The program includes the following components:
- Strategy Assessment - aligning strategic initiatives around identity as a key building block via the Mobile Connect platform
- Proof of Concept - accelerated implementation of prototypes of customer solutions
- Production - Internet-scale deployment and monetization
“We’re excited to announce our new Jumpstart Program at this year’s GSMA Mobile World Congress 2016, where the world’s leading MNOs assemble,” said Rajiv Dholakia, VP Products at Nok Nok Labs. “This program formalizes activities that Nok Nok Labs has undertaken over the past years and incorporates lessons learned from leading MNOs around the world. Over the last year, we’ve seen notable Internet scale deployments of our products from industry leaders, including NTT DOCOMO. Through our Nok Nok Labs™ S3 Authentication Suite, we deliver omnichannel authentication that enables MNOs to deliver an identity and authentication strategy that better engages their customers with an improved user experience that combines convenience and security.”
As highlighted by a paper published by the GSMA and Secure Identity Alliance, “Mobile Identity - Unlocking the Potential of the Digital Economy,” the opportunities in mobile identity are present in vertical markets including healthcare, education, commerce and the public sector. Such verticals are focused on delivering mobile-centric solutions that require identity verification for which MNOs are uniquely positioned.
The Nok Nok Labs S3 Authentication Suite can assist MNOs in delivering a flexible set of authentication capabilities within their Mobile Connect deployments, facilitating a wide range of high-value services. Nok Nok Labs can provide standards-based infrastructure to support MNOs by:
- Driving revenue opportunities – By deploying a Nok Nok Authentication Server, MNOs are able to offer a wide range of different value-added authentication services to their business customers and partners via Mobile Connect, leveraging this combined framework for managing user consent and providing a wide range of value-added services based on attributes
- Increasing consumer satisfaction – Consumers will enjoy increased value through the use of authentication capabilities in mobile devices, such as fingerprint sensors, microphones and cameras, to enhance their online experience
- Leveraging existing assets – Nok Nok Labs has worked with partners to make FIDO-enabled SIM cards available as an authenticator option, locking in the value provided by the MNO
Visit Nok Nok Labs while attending the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2016, at Stand UW7.9 from 22-25 February in Barcelona, Spain. For more updates from the show, follow @NokNokLabs or @GSMA and use hashtag #MWC16 to be part of the conversation.
About Nok Nok Labs
Nok Nok Labs provides organizations with the ability to bring a unified approach to deploy easy to use and secure authentication infrastructure to their mobile and web applications, using standards-based solutions that include support for FIDO and other specifications. The Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite enables organizations to accelerate revenues, reduce fraud, and strengthen security. Nok Nok Labs is a founding member of the FIDO Alliance with industry leading customers and partners that include NTT DOCOMO, PayPal, Alipay, Samsung and Lenovo. For more information, visit www.noknok.com.