Latest in long line of achievements as Wick Hill approaches 40th birthday
Woking, Surrey: 1st March 2016 - Wick Hill has been identified as one of London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ – for the second year in a row. The report is a celebration of the UK’s fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium sized businesses.
To be included in the list, companies need to show consistent revenue growth over the past four years, significantly outperforming their industry peers. The average growth was 50%. Allister Heath, Deputy Editor and Deputy Director of Content, The Telegraph, said: “The companies featured in the 1000 are a testament to the resilience and inventiveness that the UK’s entrepreneurs have in spades.”
This achievement is just the latest in a long line of successes for Woking-based Wick Hill, as the company approaches its 40th birthday. Achievements over the last few years include -
- Woking’s ‘Most Successful Company of the Year’ 2015’, for achieving the best financial performance by an independent company.
- Numerous best distributor awards from vendor partners, such as Kaspersky Lab, WatchGuard and Barracuda Networks.
- Many press awards, including CRN’s Security Distributor of the Year 2014 and 2015, Microscope Aces Security Distributor of the Year 2015, Network Computing’s Distributor of the Year 2014 and 2015, and Computing Security’s Security Distributor of the Year 2014 and 2015.
- The first security value added distributor to get the government’s Cyber Essentials accreditation, which demonstrates companies have taken steps to be fundamentally cyber safe.
Part of Wick Hill’s success is down to investing heavily in the business over the last few years, which has included -
- growing the technical, professional services and sales teams
- extensive office refurbishments to accommodate a significant expansion of the sales area
- a new, custom training centre
Ian Kilpatrick, chairman Wick Hill Group, said: “We are proud to be named in the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’, for the second time in two years. This is a recognition of the significant contribution of all members of our team to the outstanding performance of the business.”
About Wick Hill
Established in 1976, value added distributor Wick Hill specialises in secure IP infrastructure solutions. The company sources and delivers best-of-breed, easy-to-use solutions through its channel partners, with a portfolio that covers security, performance, access, networking, convergence, storage and hosted solutions.
Wick Hill is particularly focused on providing a wide range of value added support for its channel partners. This includes a strong lead generation and conversion programme, technical and consultancy support for reseller partners in every stage of the sales process, and extensive training.
Wick Hill – the future
In July 2015, Wick Hill Group became part of Rigby Private Equity (RPE), a subsidiary of Rigby Group Investments, an independent company within Rigby Group plc. RPE is building an EMEA-wide, high-value, specialist distribution business. Specialist distributor Zycko is also part of RPE, and in co-operation with Zycko, Wick Hill can now offer a pan-European service which provides a common proposition and consistent delivery for vendor and reseller partners covering 13 countries, with the focus on first-class, specialist support.