State-of-the-art e-commerce system launched to improve customer experience
San Jose, CA – January 17, 2008 – New Focus, a division of Bookham, Inc (NASDAQ: BKHM), will launch its most sophisticated e-commerce facility and a range of new products for precision measurement applications at Photonics West 2008.
Visitors to the Bookham and New Focus booth (#1207) will see:
- New quadrant-cell detectors with USB interface for precision beam-position measurement and stabilization applications
- New fiber-coupled single-wavelength lasers with narrow linewidths and high wavelength stability for Raman spectroscopy, interferometery and other precision measurement applications
- An expanded line of vacuum and ultraclean solutions for semiconductor equipment and other applications with critical environments
- New two-inch motorized Flipper™ mounts and other photonics tools for advanced scientific applications
The upgraded New Focus e-commerce system being launched at the show will offer customers expanded product information, including 3D models and drawings, access to order histories, delivery of formal quotes and the ability to store favorite products and the virtual shopping cart for future visits.
“At New Focus we aim not only to offer the most advanced, precise and reliable products but also to ensure that our customers can conveniently purchase these products anytime, anywhere,” said Bookham Executive Vice President and New Focus General Manager, Ken Ibbs. “Our continual innovation of technologies and procurement processes positions New Focus as a strong supply partner for industrial and scientific customers.”
New Focus will also be demonstrating its OEM solutions, including its advanced light-management, beam-stabilization and integrated subsystem solutions for semiconductor equipment and other 24/7 precision measurement applications.
At Photonics West, Bookham will be presenting three technical papers at associated symposium LASE 2008: ‘Recent developments for BAR and BASE: setting the trends’, ‘Emission wavelength stabilization in broad area lasers coupled to fiber Bragg gratings’ and ‘Performance and reliability of pulsed 1060 nm laser modules’.
Notes to editors:
1. Photonics West is taking place at the San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, 19-24 January, 2008. For further information, visit http://spie.org/photonics-west.xml
2. Bookham will be exhibiting at the Photonics West exhibition, 22-24 January, at stand #1207
3. Bookham will be exhibiting at the BiOS exhibition, 19-20 January, at stand #8636
4. To arrange an interview with representatives of Bookham before or during the show, please contact Howard Jones on email@example.com or +44 7980 772 285
About New Focus
New Focus, a division of Bookham, is a leading provider of Simply Better™ photonics solutions for demanding semiconductor, life science, industrial, scientific and other applications. New Focus offers an extensive line of OEM solutions, high-performance lasers, modulators, detectors, high-resolution actuators, optomechanics and optics for precision measurement and processing.
Bookham is a leading manufacturer and independent, vertically integrated supplier of high performance, high reliability industrial laser diodes across many markets, including industrial, medical, display, analytical, printing, aerospace and defense.
The company boasts two decades of experience as a leader in laser diode development, continued investment in technology and customer support, and offers scalability for cost efficient, high volume production through the use of advanced automated manufacturing processes in its state of the art facility in Zurich.
Bookham was the first company to offer 120W 9xxnm diode bars and is a leader in the market for single emitter pigtailed laser modules for fiber laser pumping. The company’s diversified high power laser diode offering ranges from 10W pigtailed multimode modules to 120W bars and 2.4kW fast axis collimated stacks.
More information on Bookham, Inc. is available at www.bookham.com
Bookham and all other Bookham, Inc. product names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bookham, Inc. in the USA or other countries.