aspenONE V7 MSC Innovations Drive Profitability, Improve Agility, and Enable Process Manufacturers to Do More With Less in an Uncertain Economy
READING, UK: 8 July 2009: Aspen Technology, Inc. (OTC: AZPN.PK), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today introduced aspenONE V7 Manufacturing & Supply Chain (MSC). Innovations in the latest software release enable process industry companies to achieve higher profit margins by reducing operational costs, improving agility, and doing more with less.
• Manufacturing innovations in aspenONE V7 MSC extend the operational benefits of advanced process control and performance management to more processes in the plant, and to more process industry markets -- which before now was cost prohibitive.
• Guided workflows enable engineers to build, test, and deploy multiple control applications faster, accelerating operational stability and performance benefits.
• aspenONE V7 MSC extends AspenTech’s industry-leading, integrated refinery planning and scheduling solution to the entire petroleum supply chain. This allows integrated oil companies to optimize decisions and visualize their impact across the petroleum supply chain.
• Refinery planners and schedulers, distribution schedulers and traders can collaborate more effectively and answer complex questions faster, to keep pace of rapidly changing market conditions. With aspenONE V7 MSC, customers are better able to increase margins while safely optimizing throughput and maximizing customer service.
• The MSC release also includes aspenONE V7’s IT innovations that make it easier for customers to achieve value from their software investment. The release includes a flexible token-based licensing model, allowing customers to use the software they need when and where they need it; the Aspen Licensing Center, making it easier to identify and replicate software usage best practices across the global enterprise; and support for leading virtualization technologies from Microsoft, VMware and Citrix, dramatically reducing software deployment time from months to weeks.
aspenONE V7 Manufacturing & Supply Chain software is available immediately. For more information on the entire aspenONE V7 product line, visit www.aspentech.com/V7.
Mark Fusco, President & CEO, AspenTech
“To be profitable in today’s economy, companies need to make better decisions faster in response to rapidly shifting market dynamics. At the same time, they need to reduce costs while maximizing the efficiency of their overall operations. AspenTech exists to solve these problems for process industry companies. aspenONE V7 MSC makes it easier for our customers to navigate through uncertain times while taking advantage of opportunities with more agile and efficient operations.”
Phil Koenig, Manager of Engineering & Analytical Services, Marathon Oil Company
"One of the key challenges when integrating the supply chain is to ensure that the individual organizations – for example Refining, Supply, or Marketing -- feel that the decisions being made accurately reflect the impacts or costs on their organizations. Using aspenONE V7 we will be able to combine high-fidelity organizational models, allowing us to accurately determine the incentives, costs, and impacts of supply chain decisions, such as maximizing the value of specific crudes by optimally distributing them across multiple refineries."
R. Amari, Senior Vice President of Supply, ENI S.p.A.
“In today's highly volatile markets, we are deploying an integrated petroleum supply chain solution. It provides real time visibility along with the solutions necessary to react with increased speed, in an effort to drive down costs for our company and our customers."
Dr. Kai Dadhe, Evonik Degussa GmbH
“Previously, the performance and stability benefits we received from APC were confined to only certain processes. The new aspenONE V7 Advanced Process Control platform provides a cost-effective way to implement process control on smaller units and extend those operational benefits throughout our organization.”
Dr. Wilfried Kossmann, Bayern Oil (a joint venture including BP)
“aspenONE V7 is making it easier to keep controllers online and maintain the benefits of advanced process control over time. The new KPI reporting capability with diagnostics provides a key insight into how controllers are behaving and whether or not any remediation may be required. Bayern Oil is also very excited about AspenTech’s Adaptive Modeling capability. Being able to identify model deterioration, diagnose what the problem is and then re-model the process all within an online framework is a major step forward in performance capability.”
Francois Toutain, Arkema
“To be able to do either a DMCplus, an Apollo or a State Space controller in the same software platform is quite amazing. Compared with the previous generation of advanced process control, V7 MSC is friendly, easier, and more efficient to use.”
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – including oil and gas, petroleum, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world’s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2009 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo and the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.