The market for Interactive TV advertising is expected to double inside the next 12 months and in May London plays host to a major event focused upon its latest development – the Interactive TV (iTV) Advertising Show on the 23rd May 2006.
The show, being staged at Centrepoint – The CBI’s London conference centre – is organised by Junction Limited, a leading specialist in events for the digital technology market. Junction’s expertise include IPTV, home networking, digital radio, interactive TV advertising and mobile TV. The event will include:
• An iAds Showcase with demonstration area of advertisement concepts and executions supplied by Thinkbox and Sky Interactive.
• Two niche workshops highlighting iTV development specialisations run by the DMA, Weapon 7 and OMDtvi.
• Strategies for iTV advertising for emerging IPTV platforms.
• Leading international speakers talking about iTV advertisements across platforms with worldwide broadcasters.
The event will examine the global iTV developments in brand building; how campaigns are being benchmarked worldwide and the different models being used; the impact PVR’s and on-demand TV will have on advertising strategies; measuring success; as well as future advertising models and technologies.
There will be a variety of advertiser case studies with a look at the role different agencies are playing in the process; how accountable and effective interactive TV is for direct response, and how the medium is measured; with a discussion on ‘Future Advertising Models and Technologies’.
“Interactive advertising on TV is rapidly emerging into the mainstream planning and buying for agencies and advertisers – with emerging markets such as IPTV and Mobile looking to learn from the successes and failures already made, this promises to be a highly informative and high profile 1 day show” said Ian Johnson, Managing Director, Junction Ltd.
Major speakers at the show will include Tess Alps, Chairman, PHD; Nick Milligan, Managing Director, Sky Media; Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman, The Ogilvy Group UK/Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy One Worldwide; Sarah Dale, UK Marketing Manager, Canon; Stephen Gaunt, Marketing Manager, Waitrose; Naveen Dayal, National Advertising Manager, Land Rover UK; Peter Birch, Head of Interactive Sales at ITV; Merlin Inkley, Head of Airtime Management at Channel 4; Rob Leach, Head of Interactive Services & Commercial Partnerships, BSkyB; Tyler Slocum, Director, Advanced Services and Content, DirecTV.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Other Junction events:
• Digital Radio Show - www.digital-radio-show.com 1/2nd June, London
• IPTV World Forum - Eastern Europe www.iptv-easterneurope.com 22/23rd June, Budapest
• IPTV World Forum - Asia - www.iptv-asia.net 27-29th September, Shanghai
• The Connected Home - www.the-connected-home.co.uk 24/25th October, London