Fleet Management innovator ARI (www.arifleet.co.uk) is the latest organisation to join the Association For Driving Licence Verification (www.adlv.co.uk). The move reflects the Association’s growing popularity with Fleet Procurement Managers, who now see the benefits of regular online licence checking. There is also an appreciation, by the trade, that the ADLV supports Health and Road Safety legislation, meets ISO 27001 requirements & advises members on how to prepare for GDPR. Combined, the perception of both existing members and new recruits is that the ADLV now offers fleets a proven hub for good practice, enhanced governance and compliance.
Commenting on their decision to join the ADLV, Matt Cranny, Operations Director of ARI says, “As a company that checks thousands of licences annually, we must align ourselves with partners that ensure consistency and corporate responsibility at a membership level. ADLV’s rigorous Code of Conduct, which underwrites the Association’s operations, shares our focus on the development of best practice, building efficiencies and introducing innovation.
“Working with ADLV will support us in continuing to deliver the highest standard of service to our customers, and we are looking forward to working closely together and contributing to the excellent standards they aim to deliver.”
For his part Chris Thornton, ADLV Treasurer, welcomed Matt Cranny’s comments adding: “With its international provenance, ARI is respected for the quality of its services and an impressive track record in customer care. With the imminent arrival of GDPR and the broad range of other regulatory compliance issues, ARI sees the very real benefits of ADLV membership for their customers and we are delighted that they have joined as our latest member. Several other organisations are actively considering joining too as more and more procurement managers insist on the ADLV’s involvement when it comes to licence checking.”
Note To Editors:
About the ADLV (www.adlv.co.uk)
The Association for Driving License Verification has been established to promote and encourage best practice within the industry for the initial and continued validation of driver entitlement for responsible employers and road safety.
- The association’s remit is:
to represent the interests of its members to the DVLA on policy, legislative and regulatory matters within a strict code of conduct.
- to act as the conduit in any consultation or similar exercise that is likely to affect Members.
- to represent Member and industry concerns to the Driver Vehicle and Licensing Agency and Department for Transport (“DVLA/DfT”).
- to encourage wider take-up of driving licence checking by organisations and the introduction of regular and appropriate re-checks thereafter.
- to exercise professional supervision over Members through the formulation of agreed minimum standards of good practice for the industry ensuring Members meet and maintain minimum acceptable standards of security in relation to the handling and safeguarding of personal data.
For further information, please contact:
M +44 (0) 7976 538554
The Right Image
M 07758 372527