- Company’s first complete unified communications and contact center cloud offers for midsize businesses in two deployment options
- Unparalleled full stack solution enables seamless integration and migration between premises-based and cloud
- Enables channel partners to seize untapped market opportunities and evolve over 1M existing Avaya systems to cloud
Guildford, UK. – Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016 – Avaya, a global leader in business communications software, systems and services, today announced its first complete, multichannel unified communications and contact center cloud offers targeted for the midmarket. Avaya Midmarket Cloud solutions are two flexible deployment options, enabling Avaya channel partners to seamlessly evolve midsize companies to the advanced capabilities needed for digital business. Both options, Powered by Avaya IP Office ™ and OnAvaya™ - Google™ Cloud Platform, can enable true, hybrid clouds that allow customers to maximise their investments in more than 1 million Avaya systems worldwide.
Based on the world-class, Avaya IP Office™ Platform, Avaya Midmarket Cloud Solutions are the only unified communications and contact center cloud offers for midsize businesses in the market that utilise the same code base as those installed on premises. The benefits of a single code base for deploying hybrid clouds cannot be understated:
- For channel partners -- this is the easiest, most flexible and profitable means of moving customers to cloud, offering a full stack solution anyway customers want it, simplifying integration, leveraging product knowledge and experience and reducing the need for investment in new skill sets.
- For customers – a hybrid cloud option based on Avaya IP Office enables the deployment of new capabilities based on business needs, while leveraging existing investments in call control, phones and more. Companies have more control over expenses and the rate at which full migration to cloud occurs, in addition to quickly bringing on new locations.
Avaya Midmarket Cloud Solutions now support full, multichannel unified communications and contact center capabilities, more operating systems and devices than any competitive cloud offer (PC and MAC web clients and Chrome OS), as well as the unique capabilities of Avaya Communicator for Web that enables communications from any browser-based application.
- Partner Powered by Avaya IP Office – This cloud option is now globally available to qualified channel partners who wish to install the solution in the data center of their choice. Tested and proven during controlled introductions with 10 Avaya channel partners, Partner Powered by Avaya IP Office is already serving several thousand end-users in North America and Europe.
- OnAvaya – Google Cloud Platform – Currently available in the US-only, the initial solution announced last Spring has been broadened to make it easier for selected partners that do not have the infrastructure to host and manage their own cloud. The solution also has expanded now to include full unified communications as well as multichannel contact center capabilities. End customers such as Diligent Benefits are already serving their customers via OnAvaya – Google Cloud Platform.
Avaya Midmarket Cloud Solutions is the latest in a series of Avaya programs focusing on enabling channel partners and midsize companies evolve communications to meet today’s requirements for mobile, digital business. Avaya channel partners interested in delivering Avaya Midmarket Cloud Solutions can complete the Avaya MM Priority Cloud Partner Application. Currently, partners outside the US are only eligible for the Partner Powered by Avaya IP Office option and therefore must be able to provide the infrastructure or host in the data center of choice.
“Avaya channel partners have a significant role to play in cloud deployments for midsize companies with their established knowledge of the customer and expertise with Avaya products. Now, they have even more flexibility with which to approach the customer, thanks to our hybrid cloud solution. The UK midmarket has considerable growth potential and businesses within this sector are typically looking for a cost-effective path to advanced communications – Avaya Midmarket Cloud solutions can provide exactly this.”
Ioan MacRae, EU Mid Market Director, Avaya
"Businesses, especially midsize ones, need a clear and practical path to the cloud. Channel partners do as well, to keep their businesses strong and healthy while providing customers with solutions delivered in the preferred fashion. A solid program for channel partners to deliver hybrid cloud brings the best of both worlds: leveraging existing expertise and customer relations to provide the cloud resources and new deployment approaches that can take everyone to the next stage of growth."
Ray Boggs, VP Small and Medium Business Research, IDC
“Many midmarket companies are seeking practical, cost-effective ways to activate the multichannel communications capabilities expected by today’s consumers. For those seeking an OPEX solution, the ScanSource Catalyst Powered by Avaya IP Office solution is the answer for those needs. Now, our channel partners can truly support their midsize customers in the cloud and grow their business in new and exciting ways.”
Ansley Hoke, vice president of merchandising, ScanSource Catalyst
“We’re using technology to transform the experience of buying life insurance. We don’t do one size fits all. The OnAvaya – Google Cloud Platform solution actually mirrors our methodology at Diligent – a commitment to providing a turn-key solution. It’s a complete solution and it’s a great value.”
John Wilhelm, founder, Diligent Benefits (Avaya end customer)
Avaya is a leading provider of solutions that enable customer and team engagement across multiple channels and devices for better customer experience, increased productivity and enhanced financial performance. Its world-class contact center and unified communications technologies and services are available in a wide variety of flexible on-premises and cloud deployment options that seamlessly integrate with non-Avaya applications. The Avaya Engagement Environment enables third parties to create and customize business applications for competitive advantage. The Avaya fabric-based networking solutions help simplify and accelerate the deployment of business critical applications and services. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Includes heritage Nortel systems