Helping companies to improve mobile workforce productivity with mobile business solutions
BRACKNELL, UK. 30th April 2019 – Panasonic today announced the appointment of Chris Turner as the new Country Manager for the UK & Ireland TOUGHBOOK Group. Chris has more than a decade’s experience at Panasonic TOUGHBOOK helping business customers improve the productivity of their mobile workforces with the implementation of Panasonic TOUGHBOOK’s rugged notebooks, tablets and handheld devices. His focus will be to build on the market-leading success of Panasonic TOUGHBOOK’s rugged notebooks and tablets in the UK and Ireland, rapidly grow Panasonic’s share of the handheld market and accelerate focus from hardware to mobile business solutions.
“Historically the challenge has been to put computing power into the hands of mobile workforces to improve productivity and reduce costs,” said Chris. “The next wave of business transformation comes from delivering tailored mobile business solutions to the workforce. Those solutions come from combining the power of our rugged devices with the right applications, management functionality and peripherals to enable the mobile worker to achieve more than ever before possible. Using Panasonic’s design, engineering and solutions know-how alongside the innovation of our software partners, we have the ability to deliver tailored solutions to business customers from retail, logistics and manufacturing through to utilities, emergency services and defence.”
Chris takes on the country manager role from Kevin Tristram, who under his 20-year tenure built Panasonic TOUGHBOOK into the leading provider of rugged notebooks and tablets in the UK and Ireland. Kevin remains with Panasonic TOUGHBOOK to support Chris as the UK General Manager, his experience will be invaluable in his new role.
Chris has a deep understanding of the role of mobile computing across industries having worked in Panasonic TOUGHBOOK sales roles across the retail, oil and gas, telecoms, defence and government sectors.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 9497737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.