Global survey reveals pressing need for applications that enable seamless collaboration, greater business agility and higher productivity
London, 1st February 2018 – New research from Clarizen, a global leader in collaborative work management software, shows 70% of businesses across the world have employees working from home and remotely – with the vast majority needing collaborative tools to ensure their workforces are coordinated in terms of tasks, objectives and priorities.
The Clarizen research, published in an ebook entitled Powering Remote Working, found that 85% of businesses say they need collaborative applications that empower employees to do more than just message via a simple chat app. The study, which took in survey responses from representatives of more than 300 companies around the world, revealed 73% say they specifically need collaborative software tools that increase productivity by tying communication to specific business tasks — helping teams coordinate workflow, track progress, align goals, allocate budget and meet deadlines.
Boaz Chalmish, Chief Executive Officer at Clarizen, comments: “More than ever businesses are seeking ways to ensure all their workers can be productive – whether they’re hot-desking, visiting project sites, commuting, out on client calls, at branch offices, in a cafe between meetings, or working from home. Technology has enabled people to embrace a more flexible way of working, which is challenging the traditional in-office, 9-5 model.”
A key finding in the Clarizen ebook is that organizations face a number of major challenges when it comes to supporting remote working to boost business agility, and that forward-looking companies appreciate and endorse the need for more tools that support staff working at home or remotely.
Chalmish notes: “Working practices are continually changing – as are technologies – which makes business agility absolutely critical. Going forward, being able to successfully integrate employees working from remote locations is vital to achieving effective business agility, which requires that companies be adaptive, collaborative and efficient at all levels of the organization. Critically, enterprises with blended workforces must look to the cloud to ensure they have the business agility they need – regardless of an employee’s location.”
The ebook found the challenges that businesses with employees working remotely face include:
- Lack of communication between remote workers and colleagues, who too often fail to make the effort to continually update each other
- Lack of Input from remote employees, who often provide a different perspective from office-based colleagues
- Tracking productivity of employees working at home or off site, enabling managerial teams to monitor and allocate tasks more efficiently
- Limited Access to files, documents and resources, reducing an employee’s ability to access and update work materials quickly, leading to wasted time
- Prioritizing Tasks to ensure remote workers are aware of what is important, even as goals, deadlines and priorities change – in real time
- Sharing information in a business context, as email and instant messaging apps are not geared linking tasks, flagging changes and updating on progress
Clarizen’s ebook examines how these challenges can best be overcome using cloud-based collaborative software management. It has found that through an effective cloud-based workflow and collaboration platform, businesses can alleviate the challenges of remote working and ensure:
- Better workflow management
- Communication in business context
- Clear prioritization, maintaining focus on tasks, budgets and deadlines
- Transparency and management oversight
- Quick and easy access to work materials
In this way, businesses can nurture more effective collaboration regardless of where employees are located.
To download Powering Remote Working for free, click here: http://www.clarizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Powering-Remote-Working-2018.pdf.
Clarizen delivers secure, cloud-based collaborative work management solutions built on the vision of business agility. Clarizen’s PPM solution combines cross-company project management with configurable workflow automation. Discussions, tasks, projects and portfolios are all accessible from Clarizen’s scalable enterprise platform. Internal and external stakeholders both gain easy access to a single source of information to improve work execution, collaborate in-context, optimize resources and respond faster. Clarizen is a leader in Forrester’s Enterprise Collaborative Work Management report and is a two-time leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Based IT Project and Portfolio Management. To learn more, visit clarizen.com
+44 20 7486 4900