- Specifically designed to provide the foundation for profitable projects
- Enables estimators to work smarter by providing them with the modern tools they need to deliver fast and accurate estimates
- Optimised for small to medium sized construction companies
- Available as a standalone module
- Launch offer makes upgrading from out of date software or manual systems even more affordable
- Integrates with InBusiness Construction Suite
Following the successful release of the InBusiness Construction and the InBusiness Accounting Suites, COMSS, the Irish software company, launched today its InBusiness Estimating Module. The new estimating module is designed to be a lean software application that delivers a streamlined workflow which maximizes the reusability of estimating building costs and presents it in a clean, modern interface that makes it easy for building estimators to be more productive.
Not only does this enable faster estimating of building costs– and thus the ability to bid for more projects – but it also delivers more accurate estimates – thus improving the profitability of construction projects. It does this by giving construction estimators the information they need to be sure what price to bid and know what margins can be achieved. Compared with existing estimating software, which over the years have become clogged up with rarely used functions, InBusiness Estimating provides only essential functions – making it much easier to use.
John Tallon, Director of Product Development at COMSS, said: “When creating the InBusiness Estimating software, we focused on what estimators need to do their job. At every stage of the estimating process we have asked ourselves ‘How can this be done better and how can this be done faster?’ As a result we stripped out all the unnecessary functions that clog up other estimating software to deliver a breakthrough estimating tool.
“Our estimating tool gives construction companies the ability to build-in profit from the outset and then make sure they achieve the expected profit levels”, added Tallon.
InBusiness has been developed by an Irish software company called COMSS that was formed specifically to deliver new construction software solutions that are optimised for the post financial-meltdown world of today. This breakthrough solution is a result of creative collaboration within the COMSS team combined with comments and recommendations from various contracting organisations in Ireland and the UK. The combination has produced a powerful tool designed to help reinvigorate the construction sector and as a result, InBusiness has been endorsed by the Construction Industry Federation (CIF).
Post-contract valuations support
InBusiness Estimating also provides support for post-contract valuations and variations, giving the users far greater understanding of project profitability throughout the construction phase – and thus improving the control over business profitability.
As speed is essential for day to day activities in the Construction industry, COMSS tailored its InBusiness Estimating software to cater for different types of professionals. For example there is an option to Plug Rates, avoiding the need to add detailed item breakdowns, that provides the ability to price more jobs more quickly.
The system also provides the ability for extra accurate monitoring of resource costs from the estimate to the completion of the job. The integrated Construction suite provides a report that compares work done in a Valuation stage, based on the original Estimate, and compares it to actual costs.
The InBusiness Estimating software enables increased competitiveness, lower cost and more efficient operations as well as smarter, more informed decisions. It can be run by fewer staff and requires less time and cost to implement than traditional estimating software. It is optimised to deliver enhanced profitability because it has been built with these goals in mind:
- Thinking Lean – COMSS removed any feature or function that was not essential to the success of the business and as a result has created streamlined workflows for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Eliminating repetition – COMSS enabled all the modules to draw on a common record so that data only has to be entered once saving users – and the business – significant time and money
- Improving financial and operational visibility – COMSS ensures that all data included in an estimate is available to other modules throughout the construction lifecycle so that costs can be monitored against what has been promised to the customer.
Flexible subscription model
InBusiness Estimating is available immediately. It can be purchased as a perpetual license or on an annual basis. Subscription licensing removes the need for any upfront payment for licenses and a fixed annual license fee eases cash flow.
Additional modules can be added to the license at any time during the subscription period. That means no more software sitting on the shelf unused. Available as a standalone module, InBusiness Estimating adds even more value when integrated with the InBusiness Construction Software Suite.
The annual subscription includes the use of COMSS Support Services and entitles you to all major and minor releases that become available during the subscription period.
Launch offer gives early movers even lower subscription cost
Although InBusiness Estimating is already priced to be affordable for small and medium sized companies, COMSS is offering a further 20% of subscription pricing for the first two years to the first 20 companies that purchase it before September 30, 2013.
- Import Bills from excel or .EOX files
- Subcontractor and full resource tagging
- Flexible rate build-up using constants
- Copy / paste from previous estimates
- Create resource libraries
- User definable bill formatting
- Price through Item breakdowns
- Plug Rates in lieu of item breakdowns
- Support for composite resources/items
- Easy identification of missed or un-priced items
- Fast creation of Subcontractor & Supplier enquiries
- Automatic updating of rates from subcontractor / supplier quotations
- Full support of Valuations and Final Account
- Manage claims, payments and retentions
- Automatic feeds into Job Costing and Accounts
- Extensive reporting and bill printing
- Identifies all resources used in a valuation
COMSS Limited was set up in 2010 to provide breakthrough construction software applications that enable small to medium sized construction companies to run lean businesses in lean times. COMSS knew survival required lower cost, more efficient operations AND smarter, more informed decisions. But when it reviewed what was available, it saw over-engineered, expensive to operate software with the most important functions clogged-up with non-essential features. As a result COMSS has developed a suite of applications that not only deliver functional value but can be run by fewer staff and that require less resources, time and cost to implement.
COMSS development centre is based in Longford, Ireland. It is a Microsoft BizSpark company and its Construction Suite is endorsed by the Construction Industry Federation of Ireland. www.comss.org
For more information please contact Marta Drozdz – email@example.com and +44 (0) 208 224 7973 or Setareh Bidar – firstname.lastname@example.org and +44 (0) 208 224 7973 or visit the Comss website www.comss.org