New Integrated Offering Combines Best-of-Breed Network Visibility and Data-Driven Diagnostics for Complex, Multi-tiered Data Centre Environments
GARTNER DATA CENTERE CONFERENCE, Las Vegas, COSTA MESA, Calif and WALTHAM, Mass, December 2, 2014 – Emulex Corporation (NYSE:ELX) and Dynatrace today announced NetPod™, a fully integrated solution that combines Dynatrace’s Data Centre (DC RUM) analysis with Emulex’s EndaceProbe™ Intelligent Network Recorders. NetPod provides network teams with high-fidelity network and application transaction-level visibility and long-term packet storage. NetPod hardware-based EndaceProbe INRs provide 100 per cent packet capture, nanosecond time stamping, and “back-in-time” playback capabilities, as well as a platform for user experience monitoring. NetPod enables optimisation of the performance, scalability and predictability of all applications in the data centre, including Citrix, SAP, Oracle, Siebel, Microsoft Exchange and many others.
“NetPod is the result of more than a year of collaboration between Emulex and Dynatrace, motivated by demand from mutual enterprise and service provider clients,” explained John Van Siclen, general manager, Dynatrace. “NetPod uniquely understands application logic and user behaviour for the leading applications, databases and middleware. This integrated solution closes the gap between network and application teams, giving them a unified set of insights to manage their digital channels and infrastructure.”
NetPod is a solution designed for high-speed 10/40/100Gb Ethernet networks to provide complete visibility across multiple tiers, infrastructure components and web and non-web applications. It intelligently monitors and records real-time application transactions across the most complex application delivery infrastructures spanning all leading load balancers, firewalls, servers, WAN accelerators, and middleware.
“Today’s IT teams need end-to-end tools capable of doing more than assisting in monitoring and identifying performance issues,” said Ali Hedayati, senior vice president and general manager, Network Visibility Products, Emulex. “Whether the problem is isolated to the client, network, server or database, the underlying packet data provided by NetPod can be used to ensure that the technology team responsible is provided irrefutable evidence of the true source of the problem. The application context provided by NetPod also supports rapid extraction of the right packets at the right time, even when a transaction of interest occurred in the past. All of this simplifies the delivery of mission-critical, network-centric applications and increases the business value of these applications by ensuring their availability to end users.”
NetPod will be available in Q1 calendar 2015 from select Emulex and Dynatrace partners with the requisite expertise in AA-NPM and APM. Forsythe and WWT were chosen as launch partners in North America because of their expertise in AA-NPM and APM, and ability to support NetPod customers.
“NetPod delivers a solution for our customers’ most complex network and application performance issues,” said Kevin Keuning, vice president, systems solutions, Forsythe. “Network teams deploying complex, multi-tiered applications need people and tools capable of efficiently troubleshooting the root cause of network performance problems, and in turn, the information and processes necessary to facilitate communication and cooperation in reaching an effective solution.”
As shown by a recent Emulex survey of network and security operations professionals, IT teams struggle to identify the root cause of issues, with the primary difficulty being a lack of accurate and timely data to drive issue identification and resolution.
“Offering a solution that saves our customers time and money by providing the factual evidence needed to identify a problem’s possible sources and offering meaningful and supportable actions to either correct it or at least isolate its root cause to a specific component is extremely valuable,” said Scott Miller, director and data centre practice lead, WWT. “NetPod delivers the full breadth of visibility for fault domain isolation across multiple data centre tiers, infrastructure components, web and non-web applications.”
NetPod combines several critical technologies to simplify and automate application transaction analysis:
- Continuous assessment of user experience and business impact of performance and availability issues;
- Real-time packet capture (with no packet loss) and nanosecond-scale time stamping to ensure that all of the required data is available for analysis;
- Deep storage of captured packets, enabling “back-in-time” playback analysis when intermittent issues occur;
- A comprehensive set of application protocol decodes, combined with application logic and user context; and
- Seamless compatibility with Dynatrace APM technologies as well as third party products requiring access to packets for security, for deep transaction tracing at the code level, synthetic monitoring, or mobile device monitoring.
NetPod will be demonstrated at the Gartner Data Centre Conference this week in Las Vegas in the Emulex booth, #334.
Follow Emulex on Twitter.
Emulex, a leader in network connectivity, monitoring and management, provides hardware and software solutions for global networks that support enterprise, cloud, government and telecommunications. Emulex’s products enable unrivalled end-to-end application visibility, optimisation and acceleration. The Company's I/O connectivity offerings, including its line of ultra high-performance Ethernet and Fibre Channel-based connectivity products, have been designed into server and storage solutions from leading OEMs, including Cisco, Dell, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, NetApp and Oracle, and can be found in the data centres of nearly all of the Fortune 1000. Emulex’s monitoring and management solutions, including its portfolio of network visibility and recording products, provide organisations with complete network performance management at speeds up to 100Gb Ethernet. Emulex is headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information about Emulex (NYSE:ELX) please visit http://www.Emulex.com.
Dynatrace is the innovator behind the new generation of Application Performance Management. Our passion: helping customers, large and small, see their applications and digital channels through the lens of end users. Over 5,800 organisations use these insights to master complexity, gain operational agility, and grow revenue by delivering amazing user experiences.
To read more about Dynatrace’s leadership in the APM market, click here: http://www.dynatrace.com/en/about-us/leadership.html.
Follow Dynatrace on:
Try the free Dynatrace Performance Test here: http://www.dynatrace.com/performancetest.
“Safe Harbor” Statement
"Safe Harbor'' Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: With the exception of historical information, the statements set forth above contain forward-looking statements that involve risk and uncertainties. We expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or changes to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect any future events or circumstances. We wish to caution readers that actual future results could differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements as a result of a variety of factors, including those discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our recent filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q, under the caption “Risk Factors.” Those factors and the factors listed below could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements:
- faster than anticipated declines in the demand for storage networking and fiber channel and slower than expected growth of the converged networking market or the failure of our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers to successfully incorporate our products into their systems;
- the highly competitive nature of the markets for our products as well as pricing pressures that may result from such competitive conditions and the emergence of new or stronger competitors as a result of consolidation movements in the market;
- our dependence on a limited number of customers and the effects of the loss of, decrease in or delays of orders by any such customers or the failure of our OEM customers to successfully incorporate our products into their systems;
- our reliance on a limited number of third-party suppliers and subcontractors for components and assembly, many of which are located outside of the United States;
- the effect on our margins of rapid migration of technology and product substitution by customers, including transitions from application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) solutions to boards for selected applications and higher-end to lower-end products, mezzanine card products or modular Local Area Network (LAN) on Motherboard (LOMs);
- the non-linearity and variability in the level of our revenue resulting from the variable and seasonal procurement patterns of our customers;
- the possibility that our goodwill could become impaired in the near term which would result in a non-cash charge and could adversely affect our reported GAAP operating results;
- any inadequacy of our intellectual property protection or our ability to obtain necessary licenses or other intellectual property rights on commercially reasonable terms;
- our ability to attract and retain key technical personnel;
- our ability to respond quickly to technological developments and to benefit from our research and development activities as well as government grants related thereto and delays in product development;
- intellectual property and other litigation against us, with or without merit, that could result in substantial attorneys’ fees and costs, cause product shipment delays, loss of patent rights, monetary damages, costs associated with product or component redesigns and require us to indemnify customers or enter into royalty or licensing agreements, which may or may not be available;
- our dependence on sales and product production outside of the United States so that our results could be affected by adverse economic, social, political and infrastructure conditions in those countries;
- that we may fail to realize the anticipated benefits from the acquisition of Endace Limited (Endace) on a timely basis or at all which could result in an impairment of assets or be unable to complete the integration of Endace’s technology into our existing operations in a timely and efficient manner;
- the effect of any actual or potential unsolicited offers to acquire us, proxy contests or the activities of activist investors;
- weakness in domestic and worldwide macro-economic conditions, currency exchange rate fluctuations or potential disruptions in world credit and equity markets; terrorist activities, natural disasters, or general economic or political instability and any resulting disruption in our supply chain or customer purchasing patterns; and
- changes in tax rates or legislation, accounting standards and other regulatory changes.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Emulex Press Contacts:
Senior Director, Corporate and Marketing Communications
Senior Manager, Public Relations and Social Media
Dynatrace Press Contacts:
Senior Public Relations Manager, Dynatrace
Warner Communications – Dynatrace