Optimised for organisations with slow or no fixed line access and those requiring alternatives for solutions such as disaster recovery or back-up
5th May 2015 – Eutelsat Broadband today announced a new improved range of tooway™ Business satellite broadband services designed to meet the needs of SOHO, SMB and large corporates located across Europe, North Africa and large parts of the Middle East. The new services, which will replace the current KA-SAT Access business offering, are faster, more flexible and packed with additional support features to benefit business customers.
tooway™ Business offers broadband packages with a wide range of data allowances up to 200GB a month and a host of flexible B2B features including Public IP addresses, Business Hour Protection and a full array of customisable options including guaranteed bandwidth speeds. tooway™ Business is ideal for organisations based in locations where fixed line services are slow or unavailable and for businesses that need an alternative to fixed line broadband for critical applications such as disaster recovery or back-up. tooway™ Business is available today via Eutelsat Broadband’s range of authorised distributors across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
tooway™ Business broadband includes a range of solutions:
- “tooway™ Business 25” offers a 25GB monthly data allowance and is ideal for Prosumers or Small Office & Home Office users.
- “tooway™ Business 40” offers a 40GB monthly data allowance and is ideal for small and medium size enterprises.
- “tooway™ Business 100” and “200” offer 100GB and 200GB monthly data allowances respectively for larger corporates.
- “tooway™ Telemetry” with a 2GB monthly allowance for businesses that need machine to machine or simple data communications with a 2Mbps up-and-down-link will continue to be available.
tooway™ Business 25, 40, 100 and 200 offer Europe’s fastest satellite download speeds of up to 22Mbps and upload speeds of up to 6Mbps. All services offer a range of additional business benefits including:
- Business Hour Protection ensures business customers have preferential access to the satellite network during core operating hours of 7am to 7pm local time - just like providing access to a fast lane on the highway during peak traffic periods.
- A fixed Public IP Address, essential for applications such as web servers, back-end and database hosting, direct file transfer and remote access of surveillance equipment.
A host of additional optional chargeable features are available for businesses to help make the most of their service, including:
- Night Time. An option designed to cater for applications such as scheduled back-ups or large file transfers that create significant amounts of data traffic but can be carried out overnight, during the quieter network period. Customers pay a small additional monthly fee and any data used between midnight and 6am does not contribute to the standard monthly data allowance.
- 20GB Volume Boosters that can be purchased as required when monthly data limits are reached, offering businesses flexibility, convenience and value for money.
- Custom Committed Information Rates (CIR) for solutions that require guaranteed bandwidth to operate due to technical, security or contractual requirements. Entry-level CIR options are ideal for mission-critical signaling and telemetry, VOIP and digital radio broadcasting. Higher-level CIR options can help with the flexible and fast implementation of enterprise-grade applications for public safety, disaster recovery and terrestrial backhaul.
- Additional Fixed Public IP Addresses for when more than one address is required.
tooway™ Business solutions are delivered using Eutelsat’s KA-SAT satellite, the first of a new European generation of high-capacity smart satellites. Its innovative design enables customers across Europe, North Africa and large parts of the Middle East to receive high-speed broadband services at a fraction of the cost of other satellites.
“With tooway™ Business we are providing a range of improved broadband solutions in step with the needs of our business customers that are simple to understand, convenient to use and offer outstanding value for money - all backed by a business focused support team,” said Jean-Francois Fenech, General Manager at Eutelsat Broadband. “If businesses feel that lack of access to high-speed broadband is holding back their business or that they need an alternative or additional provider, then tooway™ Business is the place to start your search.”
tooway™ Business solutions will replace the existing Eutelsat Broadband KA-SAT Access services for business. Any current KA-SAT Access customers will be able to migrate to tooway™ Business solutions.
About Eutelsat Broadband
Eutelsat Broadband is a business unit of Eutelsat, one of the world’s leading satellite operators. It provides satellite broadband services to residential and professional markets, as well as to broadcasters, across the European continent, North Africa and large parts of the Middle East. Its residential product tooway™ is the best in class satellite broadband solution and a unique cost-effective alternative to terrestrial access technologies in unserved and underserved areas, with download speeds up to 22 Mbps and upload speeds up to 6 Mbps. The connectivity needs of corporate customers and telcos are catered for by tooway™ Business solutions. tooway™ Business offers broadband packages with a wide range of data allowances up to 200GB a month and a host of flexible B2B features including Public IP addresses, Business Hour Protection and a full array of customisable options including guaranteed bandwidth speeds. Eutelsat Broadband also provides the latest IP based satellite news gathering solutions, with its NewsSpotter service. For more information, visit: www.eutelsatbroadband.com
+44 (0)7770 828525