NEW YORK - 14 July 2017 - A new partnership between global digital media group Falcon Media House and Media Nucleus, (www.medianucleus.com) a well-established digital and broadcast technology products company will offer an industry leading OTT service to millions of users.
The partnership enables Falcon Media House to offer an OTT platform to medium and large size broadcasters with a potential reach of 250 million users in India alone, as well as parts of its content portfolio to the content service providers in the region. Media Nucleus, a recognised specialist offering innovative broadcast and Pay TV solutions, with clients like the state broadcaster Doordarshan in India, Fox Movies in the Middle East to Zuku in East Africa, will enable its customers to experience the best Q0S & QoE and seamless video streaming using Falcon Media House’s Q-Flow technology.
Going beyond traditional network limitations, Q-Flow overcomes the challenges of congested and slow connections to deliver content to the end user using the most efficient and cost effective route, resulting in seamless streaming over even the most challenging networks and mobile conditions. Rather than investing in hardware and laying new network cables, the joint solution will enable broadcasters and cable companies to increase their market share with a lower capital expenditure. Q-Flow provides a unique win:win solution for both the OTT Operator and their end users alike. Quiptel will integrate with Media Nucleus’ Subscriber Management Software CAMS to provide billing solutions to customers.
Falcon Media House Chief Executive, Gert Rieder, commented, “We’re excited to partner with a highly established business which recognises that live and on-demand content delivery via OTT platforms represent the future of broadcasting. The local networks and mobile services in India, Africa and Southeast Asia are not reliable enough to provide high quality streaming experiences. Media Nucleus has a huge established customer base including many of the leading broadcast companies in these regions and we’re looking forward to enabling them to deliver a world class service using our software which will help them grow in a cost efficient manner, avoiding the huge costs of building infrastructure.”
Bhaskar Majumdar, Director and Investor of Media Nucleus, said, “The explosion of the smartphone market, and with it the increase in demand for streaming video content requires a robust and reliable OTT service both inside and outside the home. Media Nucleus with its reach across subcontinent and MENA markets will enable the Quiptel OTT platform and its content to capture share in these markets.”
About Falcon Media House
Falcon Media House (LSE:FAL) is a multi-divisional, global internet media group. We are building a new breed of media entertainment house for the way people want to consume live and on-demand video content. Our goal is to create an ecosystem where great technology meets great entertainment ideas and finds the right audience. The Group is capitalising on explosive demand for digital video, streamed “live” and “on-demand” known as the Over-The-Top (OTT) video streaming market. Falcon Media House operates three distinct and synergistic divisions:
- Technology Division: Powered by Quiptel’s innovative patented technology enabling “intelligent streaming” (aka Q-Flow) on any network to any device, dramatically improving QoS & QoE and ‘bridging the last mile’.
- OTT Distribution Division: Providing a white label OTT service, supporting brands and content creators in bringing unique and exclusive content to a global audience.
- Content Division: Specialist media and production company to produce content for own and third party broadcast distribution.
Santosh Nair Founder & Director +91 22 28592901
Rajiv Tomer Founder & Director +91 22 28598672
About Media Nucleus
Media Nucleus has worked for over a decade across Broadcast and Digital Distribution combining numerous technologies to build Platform solutions focused on business growth.
Media Nucleus has a reach which spreads across 222 Broadcast Channels and 6 million Digital Cable homes across India, Africa, Middle East, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The products of Media Nucleus include:
- BATS – (Broadcast Air Time Scheduling) Robust and state of the art user friendly multi-channel multi location Broadcast Enabler working on both Cloud and Local networks.
- CAMS –(Conditional Access Management System) User friendly, Cloud based multi-location and Simulcrypt enabled Subscriber management solutions for Digital Pay TV operations
- Be Online-Innovative and Easy to use cloud based Broadband Management Solution for PAY TV operators
- M-APPS-Mobile APPS for both Broadcast and Pay TV information and operations management including collections and billing.