LONDON, August 07 2015 - HP today announced the first shortlisted SMBs, for the HP Go Global Awards, highlighting the SMBs that have demonstrated unrivalled success and ambition in the international export market.
In its ‘Best Breakthrough Exporter of the Year’ category, awarded to SMBs who have successfully broken into the export market within the last 5 years, HP and its panel of expert judges named the following companies as its first finalists. Both have won a place on the Enterprise Nation Go Global trade mission to China in October:
- Sefaira – software company specialising in cloud-based computing solutions for high-performance building design
- Kit for Kids – education supplies company providing parents, schools and nurseries with the tools to care for the child, to aid their development, and to nurture growth
HP also revealed the six SMBs that have been invited to pitch for the ‘Next Breakthrough Exporter of the Year’ category. These businesses will compete to show the most promising strategy for breaking into the export market. The six SMBs will contend for the four remaining complimentary spaces on the Enterprise Nation Go Global mission to China:
- Just Park – pre-bookable parking provider
- Coniq – retail real estate loyalty and marketing company
- Ormsby Street – data and insight provider for small businesses
- Popagami – company producing children’s origami designs
- Eyetease – digital media company creating taxi-based broadcast and advertising
- Turtle Tots – company providing pre-natal aqua yoga and children swimming lessons
Building on the success of Enterprise Nation’s long standing Go Global series of events and missions, the Awards encourage small business owners not to shy away from international trade opportunities because of perceived language, currency, cultural and business barriers.
“It can be a huge challenge for small UK businesses to crack the global market and it’s crucial that they are supported and given every opportunity when it means the most. We’re delighted to announce our first two shortlisted businesses who have impressively cracked the export market and won places on Go Global’s mission to China, congratulations to Sefaira and Kit for Kids.
“We now welcome the further 6 shortlisted businesses aiming to break into the export market and look forward to their pitches next week, as they compete to join Sefaira and Kit for Kids on Go Global’s mission to China,” said Susan Bowen, Chief of Staff, HP, UK & Ireland.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
D +44 (0)20 7853 2264