London, Thursday, 14th April, 2016 – IMImobile, a leading global mobile customer engagement software and services company, today announced, following Facebook’s F8 conference, support for Facebook Messenger in its IMIconnect cloud communications platform, and IMIchat, its contact centre software application.
The IMIconnect cloud communications platform enables enterprises to communicate to any consumer, anywhere in the world, through a single API which supports telecom, in-app and OTT messaging channels. The addition of support for Facebook Messenger as a channel will allow engagement with an additional 900 million users. The platform enables rapid development, and orchestration of communication flows between enterprise systems and customers on mobile devices as well as provisioning of services. IMIchat, a software application for contact centres, will also now enable agents to utilise Facebook Messenger for two-way interactive conversations with customers and allow enterprises to deliver real-time, contextual customer service.
Jay Patel, Chief Executive of IMImobile commented “We have seen a significant shift in consumer behaviour over recent years, with people increasingly using their mobiles to interact with businesses and messaging emerging as the dominant channel on mobile devices. This has led to a shift in the requirements of marketing and customer support within organisations, and this will only accelerate with the introduction of ‘bots’ for Facebook’s Messenger Platform, as announced at F8 this week. We currently process billions of customer interactions for our clients across different digital touchpoints and expect that machine-led interactions will revolutionise customer support and engagement over the next few years.”
Fast facts about IMIconnect
- An enterprise grade cloud communications platform that enables the rapid creation, delivery and orchestration of proactive and interactive messaging services
- A single API supports all messaging channels and applications including OTT
- Enterprise tools include a workflow engine, visual drag and drop flow designer, rules engine, events framework and customer profile management
- An operational analytics dashboard enables organisations to manage, control and track communications channel activity.
Fast facts about IMIchat
- A software application for contact centre operations to utilise SMS and Facebook Messenger as a customer interaction channel
- Desktop tools for agents and supervisors manage and track conversational messaging
- Messaging templates, queue management, supervisor views are provided for controlled quality monitoring
- Track and Trace reporting capabilities ensure a recorded audit trail for contact centre operations.
Notes to Editors
IMImobile enables organisations of all sizes and sectors to maximise the potential of mobile technologies to improve customer engagement. We believe that mobile will sit at the heart of customer engagement strategies for years to come.
By removing the barriers and complexities to create and deploy mobile-led customer engagement solutions as part of a multi-channel framework, we provide software and services that helps organisations to improve customer experience, simplify business processes and enhance operational efficiency.
Organisations that trust us to deliver smarter mobile customer engagement include Vodafone, O2, Telefonica, Aircel, Airtel, EE, BSNL, AT&T, MTN, France Telecom, Centrica, Coca-Cola, Universal Music, Tata, the AA, the BBC and major financial institutions.
IMImobile is headquartered in London with offices in Hyderabad, Atlanta, Dubai and Johannesburg and has over 750 employees worldwide. IMImobile is quoted on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market with the TIDM code IMO.
Matthew Hooper / Alex Klose
Charlie Geller / Helena Shadbolt
020 7382 4730