This partnership will support Interserve’s aim of being a world-class rehabilitation company focused on reducing reoffending
London, August 24 2016 – Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, has recently signed a major IT managed services contract with Interserve PLC to deliver the national infrastructure for its Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs). Interserve leads a partnership called Purple Futures that provides probation services for medium and low risk offenders via five CRCs.
- The remote access and mobile working solution will enable CRC staff to work more effectively and, over time, focus more resources on reducing reoffending rates in their CRC territories
- The new infrastructure for Interserve will replace the existing national solution, and enable new ways of working. The funding and implementation of innovative solutions to support this was at the heart of the contract
- There will be a strong focus on providing a simple, modern user experience for the five CRCs
- The contract duration is initially for 5 years and 10 months with the opportunity for a further 3 year extension. A carefully crafted engagement model will ensure that technology can play a major part in supporting Interserve’s CRCs in achieving their objectives
- Sopra Steria will draw on over 20 years’ experience in the Justice sector, particularly within the Police, Courts, Prison and Probation sectors, to deliver a flexible, digital, cloud-based IT solution
Managing Director for Interserve Justice, Yvonne Thomas, commented: “We needed a partner that understood the security constraints, demands and controls required in the justice domain. We also wanted a partner who could deliver a modern, mobile, flexible IT solution. Sopra Steria’s expertise in justice made them the natural choice to help us transition towards a digital, cloud-based IT model for our probation services.”
Commenting on the contract, Sopra Steria’s director for Justice, Barbara Parn said: “This is an important contract for Sopra Steria. We’ve been working within the broader justice sector for many years, as well as directly with the government’s Transforming Rehabilitation Programme, and understand that managing rehabilitation is not an easy job. We’re committed to supporting Interserve’s Purple Futures CRCs in achieving their aims of reducing reoffending rates by deploying the right technology for the end users, allowing them to focus more on delivering frontline services. This managed service means we can go some of the way towards doing that.”
About Sopra Steria
Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology. With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries, Sopra Steria had revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015.
For more information, visit us at www.soprasteria.com
Info ComFI: Sopra Steria Group (SOP) is listed on Euronext Paris (Compartment A) - ISIN: FR0000050809
Interserve is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies. Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. Everything it does is shaped by its core values. Interserve is a successful, growing, international business: a leader in innovative and sustainable outcomes for its customers and a great place to work for its people. Interserve offers advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and frontline public services. Headquartered in the UK and FTSE listed, Interserve has gross revenues of £3.6 billion and a workforce of circa 80,000 people worldwide.
Interserve leads a partnership called Purple Futures that runs five Community Rehabilitation Companies (CRCs) on behalf of the Ministry of Justice as part of the government’s Transforming Rehabilitation programme. Interserve’s CRCs provide world class probation and rehabilitation services. Purple Futures is a new partnership of private sector, charities and social enterprises, that provides probation and rehabilitation services on behalf of the Ministry of Justice in five areas of the UK.
Interserve website: www.interserve.com
For Interserve news follow: @interservenews