- Research into mobility trends reveals gap between intentions and actions
London, England, 3rd November 2015 – Matrix42 (http://www.matrix42.com), a top provider of software for workspace management, today revealed that a survey into enterprise mobility trends and challenges has confirmed there is a lack of clarity when it comes to enterprise mobility strategy in IT departments. Additionally, there is a gap between what companies intend to do and their actions in addressing this important infrastructure issue.
Key findings from the research, which was conducted amongst 198 decision makers at enterprise mobility events in Summer 2015 include:
- Less than half of organisations surveyed felt they had a clear enterprise mobility strategy in place
- Almost a third of organisations have no enterprise mobility management solution in place, planned budgets for mobility projects are increasing
- Mobile IT also has a very high priority in the near future
- Most respondents believe that increased productivity is a key advantage of increased investment in mobile technology
- Security was identified by 57% as the leading consideration with for mobility projects alongside BYOD and control over applications
The research highlighted five key challenges that IT departments must tackle effectively:
- Enabling simple, secure scalable mobility that maximises employee productivity
- Making the corporate IT experience easier and smarter for users to eliminate the need for Shadow IT
- Guaranteeing the protection of user privacy on devices that are used privately and at work
- Enabling users to work on their preferred devices
- Ensuring the security of sensitive corporate data across networks and devices.
James Johnson, UK Country Manager at Matrix42 said “Enabling employees to boost productivity and performance using their preferred technology at a time and place of their choosing is only going to become more important in order for businesses to stay competitive. However, whilst most IT departments recognise this, and are prepared to invest in mobile IT, many are not sure what their strategy should be and which technology management solutions they need. Organisations need to be proactive and take the first steps to addressing this by assessing their current and future needs and investing in a holistic enterprise mobility solution.”
The results from the survey have been summarised into a white paper which is available for download from https://www.matrix42.com/en/white-paper/mobility-survey-2015/
Press contact Matrix42
Vice President Marketing
Tel.: (+49-6102) 268
Mobile: (+49-172) 656-6258
Fax: (+49-6102) 816-100
Public Relations, Matrix42
Tel: 07976 891 335
Matrix42 is a top provider of workspace management software. The company offers forward-thinking solutions for modern work environments under its ‘Smarter workspace’ motto. More than 3,000 customers around the world, including BMW, Infineon, and Carl Zeiss, currently manage approximately 3 million workstations using workspace management solutions from Matrix42.
Matrix42 operates successfully in seven countries – Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States of America. The company’s headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
Matrix42’s products and solutions are designed to manage modern work environments simply and efficiently – across physical, virtual, and mobile workspaces.
Matrix42 focuses on user orientation, automation, and process optimisation. The company’s solutions meet the requirements of modern employees who want to work from any location using a wide range of devices, while also addressing the needs of IT departments and businesses.
Matrix42 offers its solutions to organisations across different sectors who value forward-looking and efficient workspace management. The company also successfully collaborates with partners who provide on-site consultation to Matrix42 customers. Some of these leading partners include TAP.DE Solutions GmbH, Consulting4IT GmbH, and DSP IT Service GmbH. For further information, visit: www.matrix42.com