Enterprise-class Wi-Fi starting at $229 per access point
Milpitas, Calif. – January 31, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), the fastest growing enterprise Wi-Fi vendor, today announced the introduction of Aerohive Connect™, a new cloud networking solution that delivers enterprise connectivity and centralised management starting at $229 per access point. Aerohive Connect is built on the power of cloud networking, Aerohive’s unique Cooperative Control Wi-Fi architecture, and access to the industry’s best customer support. Connect allows organisations to grow as they go, simplify their network operations, and effortlessly upgrade to the full suite of Aerohive solutions as their needs change.
As part of the new Connect offering, Aerohive also announced the launch of the AP122, a new enterprise-grade 802.11ac access point. Aerohive Connect and the AP122 are available immediately. Aerohive will showcase these new solutions at Aerohive’s February 28, 2017 industry webinar “5 Reasons You Have Been Overpaying for Your Wi-Fi.”
- Aerohive Connect delivers cloud-managed connectivity to customers starting at the disruptive prices of $229 for the AP122, Aerohive’s newest 802.11ac access point, and $299 for the AP130, one of Aerohive’s best-selling access points previously priced at $599. Aerohive Connect includes the same access point technology used in Aerohive’s largest and most demanding deployments, as well as HiveManager® Connect, a simplified version of Aerohive’s cloud-based network management, access to the industry’s best customer support, and an easy path to upgrade to Aerohive’s full suite of features, deployment options, and support, all for the per-AP price of $229 or $299.
- Aerohive Connect provides the essential functionality businesses need to provision robust Wi-Fi connectivity at one or thousands of locations. Aerohive Connect is particularly well-suited to connectivity-oriented and price-focused organisations that have limited on-site IT resources, such as hospitality, hotspots, small and medium enterprises, as well as managed service providers supporting such deployments. Customers who purchase Aerohive Connect get the benefits of:
- Reduced Cost – Dramatically lower purchase prices than comparable Cisco and HP solutions, as well as a self-optimising and self-healing architecture that keeps ongoing costs down without compromising quality.
- Six-Click Configuration – Step-by-step-guided configuration and intuitive management that lets customers build enterprise-level connectivity configurations in six clicks.
- Simplified Cloud Management – Ongoing operation of even the largest networks from a single point of management using Aerohive’s leading cloud networking platform. HiveManager Connect is perfectly designed for simpler networks and connectivity-oriented use cases.
- Effortless Scale – The ability to scale from one to thousands of access points with a single architecture. Aerohive is the only vendor that uses the same architecture to support all customers, from the smallest organisations to the largest.
- High Quality Support – HiveCare™ Connect Support with access to the HiveCare Connect Community, a forum-based interactive support community, online tools and resources, and email support.
- Seamless Upgrade Path – Ability to upgrade to Aerohive’s highest levels of functionality and support with no need to touch already deployed access points.
- Aerohive Connect customers can upgrade to Aerohive Select, Aerohive’s proven and previously available solution, to deliver a more complete Connected Experience. Aerohive Select includes additional capabilities, such as advanced security and troubleshooting tools, support for BYOD programmes, increased network visibility, more enterprise support options, and the ability to deploy HiveManager on-premises or in a private cloud. Aerohive Connect customers can purchase an upgrade to Aerohive Select at any time as their requirements change and migrate between the solutions in minutes.
- Aerohive’s new AP122, which is a 2x2 MIMO, dual radio 802.11ac access point, is designed for coverage-focused environments, as well as IoT and location-based services. The AP122 supports two spatial streams and has built-in BLE and USB to accommodate beacons and other IoT devices. Versatile and value-priced, AP122 enables organisations not only to deploy essential Wi-Fi, but also to utilise the product’s additional rich capabilities now and in the future.
- Aerohive AP130 is a 2x2, 2 spatial stream, 802.11ac access point which provides powerful 802.11ac performance. Advanced software features and simplified management offer a cost-optimised solution that allows for high-speed 802.11ac Wi-Fi in every office or environment. Running Aerohive’s powerful HiveOS® coupled with Aerohive’s innovative, distributed Cooperative Control protocols, the AP130 maintains Aerohive’s high standard for a cost-effective WLAN solution for mid-to-high-density environments.
Pricing and Availability
- Aerohive’s AP122 is available immediately for $229 and the AP130 for $299 on Aerohive’s US and International price lists
- HiveManager Connect is available today
- HiveCare Connect support is available today on HiveNation™
“We are seeing software functionality becoming more of the differentiator for WLAN vendors as hardware becomes more standardised, and as cloud networking becomes mainstream,” said Nolan Greene, senior research analyst, network infrastructure, IDC. “Aerohive’s new disruptive pricing strategy and flexible purchasing model should be considered by any organisation looking for an enterprise-grade wireless solution that can evolve in response to organisational needs.”
“With the on-premises controller system we had before deploying Aerohive, we would have needed to buy another controller plus access points to expand our network,” said Chris Clough, network administrator, AppNeta. “But with Aerohive, we can simply buy more access points when we need them and register them on HiveManager allowing us to easily monitor and grow our Wi-Fi network.”
“With Aerohive Connect we’re looking forward to expanding our footprint and giving more customers a path to discover the full value of Aerohive’s Wi-Fi and cloud networking solutions.” said David Flynn, chief executive officer, Aerohive Networks. “Connect offers a compelling value proposition that will introduce Aerohive technology to new markets, customers, resellers, and managed service providers,”
“We’ve seen end-users forced to compromise between solutions that do more than they need and solutions that lock them into a low feature dead end,” said Barrie Desmond, Chief Operating Officer, Exclusive Group. “We look forward to working with Aerohive and our resellers to take Aerohive Connect to market.”
- Aerohive Connect
- Aerohive Connect Overview Video
- Aerohive Connect Solution Overview
- Aerohive Connect AP122
- Aerohive AP130
- eBook: Overpaying for Your Wi-Fi?
- Infographic: 5 Reasons You’re Overpaying for Your Wi-Fi
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com/ and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog http://boundless.aerohive.com/, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive,” “HiveManager” and “HiveOS” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Connect,” “HiveNation” and “HiveCare” are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Stacey Nardozzi/Adam Ward
020 3837 3689