The rugged Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 handhelds are ideal for voice, data and applications for the mobile workforce
BRACKNELL, UK. 24 JULY 2017 - PHS Compliance has chosen to equip its Portable Appliance Testing engineers with rugged Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 handheld tablets to improve productivity and communications. Switching from a leading PDA manufacturer, PHS Compliance chose the slim and lightweight 4.7" handheld Panasonic Toughpad tablet for its enhanced functionality, allowing engineers to optimise productivity and communicate more effectively when in the field.
PHS Compliance PAT engineers safety test electrical appliances across the UK. The first phase of the roll-out has seen 75 PAT engineers equipped with the new Panasonic devices. They are being used to access key applications, such as receiving jobs and downloading tests via Bluetooth functionality. As well as mobile telephone capabilities, the engineers can also use the new devices for access to Google Maps, as well as central office applications such as WebExpenses and the HR System.
Dan Bloor, Systems Manager, at PHS Compliance, said: “After reviewing all the market options, the Panasonic devices were the ideal choice for our mobile engineers. They are more than tough enough to stand up to the testing environment and offer all the essential computing functionality our engineers need when carrying out their duties.”
Nick Miller, Corporate Sales Manager, at Panasonic Toughbook, said: “With this business feature packed device and weighing approximately 50g lighter than some of its nearest 4.7 inch competitors, the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 sets a new benchmark in the handheld market. This new device sits alongside our already successful Panasonic Toughpad FZ-E1 and FZ-X1, 5 inch handheld tablets and the specialist ATEX versions. With this growing range we are bringing to the handheld market the same reputation for customer-focused design and engineering that we have established over many years as the leading rugged notebook and tablet provider.”
The best of handheld and smartphone
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 with Android 5.1.1 is one of the thinnest and lightest handheld tablets in the 4.7” category. It brings together the best of handheld, smartphone and barcode reader functionality into a single rugged and hard working tablet. The device offers features including an angled rear barcode reader which protects users from repetitive strain and enhances productivity, and an optional passive and active pen for precise handwriting and signature capture. Thanks to its fully-rugged design, with MIL-STD-810G certification, IP67 rating, 1.8-metre drop resistance and the ability to withstand as many as 1,000 tumbles from a height of 1 metre, the device delivers a long life span and very low total cost of ownership.
Compliance for business
PHS Compliance provide safety test and inspection services for electrical, gas, fire, air conditioning and specialist medical equipment via PHS Compliance and JPen Medical. PHS Compliance also provides nationwide mechanical and electrical (M&E) installation services.
Based near Warrington and with over 400 highly qualified and experienced engineers nationwide, PHS Compliance helps over 2,000 customers across the UK achieve compliance with government legislation on health and safety at work, and its services ensure that customer employees, visitors and premises are protected by effectively managing and mitigating risk.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global