World-leading delivery times for the world’s leading rugged mobile computing devices
BRACKNELL, UK. 12th February 2019 – Panasonic, Europe’s leading rugged computing device provider, is cutting product delivery times from 90 to 30 days for 90% of its TOUGHBOOK product range of rugged notebooks, tablets and handheld devices. Already rolling out, the new industry-leading delivery times will be available for all products by June 2019, apart from bespoke project customisation orders.
In the past, Panasonic has taken up to 90 days to deliver its products from order date, as a result of the high levels of customisation and configurability within its range of rugged devices. Following a supply chain rationalisation project, carried out by its own engineering team at the European TOUGHBOOK configuration and service centre in Cardiff, delivery times for customers are being drastically reduced to 30 days across the entire product range. Only the 10% of bespoke product orders will remain with a 60-90 day delivery time.
Kevin Jones, Managing Director of the Panasonic Mobile Solutions Business in Europe, said: “This is another landmark achievement in the quality of service Panasonic TOUGHBOOK delivers. Our customers understand that a highly configurable rugged TOUGHBOOK device, that is built and tested to order in our Cardiff facility, can take some time to deliver. However, these new industry–leading delivery timescales provide another level of flexibility and responsiveness for our customers that is already being appreciated.”
Jon Atherton, Director, at CI-Distribution, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK’S UK Distributor, added: “These new delivery commitments are a significant boost for Panasonic customers and its solution partners in the channel. As businesses continue to look to increase the productivity of their workforce with mobile computing devices it is reassuring to know that they can order market-leading Panasonic TOUGHBOOK products, with all the flexibility and functionality they offer, and receive their goods in industry-leading timeframes.”
20 years of excellence
Panasonic’s configuration and service centre in Wales recently celebrated its 20th anniversary and is a unique facility in the production of rugged devices in Europe. All Panasonic TOUGHBOOK devices are built to order, tested, repaired and serviced at the facility, which works hand-in-hand with the design and solutions team helping Panasonic TOUGHBOOK customers to create business solutions for their mobile workforces that boost productivity and cut costs.
As European market leaders, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK holds a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of TOUGHBOOK rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.