Panasonic today introduced a major new B2B solutions initiative called Gemba Process Innovation to help its European business customers in the manufacturing, logistics and retail sectors innovate to improve productivity and customer satisfaction. Gemba Process Innovation draws on all of Panasonic’s vast business, technology and solutions know-how to help customers improve the way they operate in the face of seismic social and technological change.
The Japanese word “gemba” literally translates to "the actual place”; for businesses, it is the site where value is generated and problems must be confronted. Gemba Process Innovation follows in the footsteps of successful business transformation philosophies like Kaizen. It helps companies optimise the flow of information from technology and people at their operational fronts, such as the factory floor, the warehouse or points-of-sale.
“Businesses in the manufacturing, logistics and retail industries are facing huge challenges triggered by a whole range of emerging social trends and disruptive technologies,” said Tetsuya Fujiwara, Managing Director at Panasonic’s System Communication Company in Europe. “Panasonic had already begun shifting its focus from selling hardware and things to providing integrated solutions to our enterprise clients to address these challenges. Gemba Process Innovation takes this consulting and solutions focus to another level.”
The Panasonic Gemba Process Innovation teams work by understanding the business customer’s challenges and working with them to re-evaluate each gemba; every area where core operations are undertaken. New processes and the latest technology solutions are then designed to improve effectiveness and efficiencies. Pilot projects, with key performance indicators, are run and optimised before full business roll-out.
“We have restructured Panasonic’s B2B operations in every area across Europe to bring together gemba-focused teams. Bringing together the best of our business consultants, analysts, engineers and designers to focus on delivering business transforming solutions to our customers in the manufacturing, logistics and retail industries,’ explained Fujiwara.
Gemba Process Innovation
Gemba Process Innovation is a major initiative around B2B solutions that leverages Panasonic's manufacturing know-how and core technologies to innovate customers’ processes in manufacturing, logistics, and retail.
Gemba Process Innovation operates within the context of three main areas:
- Manufacturing — where things are made.
- Transportation Logistics — how things get from A to B and this includes the entire logistics supply chain from raw materials getting to factories to finished goods being packaged, labeled, sorted, transported, and distributed.
- Retail Point of Sale or Point of Interaction — where a consumer or an end user interacts with that product in some way.
In each area, Panasonic helps clients to connect the “physical gemba” layer with the “digital” layer — integrating people and technology to continuously improve processes and outputs.
For more information about Panasonic’s Gemba Process Innovation and examples of gemba business case studies visit: https://business.panasonic.co.uk/computer-product/gemba-process-innovation
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global.