StayLinked joins Panasonic Toughbook’s Independent Software Vendor programme
BRACKNELL, UK. 14th FEBRUARY 2018 - Panasonic today announced that StayLinked Corporation, the leading Terminal Emulation modernisation software provider, has joined its Independent Software Vendor programme to offer next generation rugged mobile computing solutions to the warehouse, manufacturing, logistics and retail industries.
Panasonic and StayLinked will now be able to offer mobile workers in these sectors the most ergonomically designed and toughest mobile computing devices from the Panasonic Toughbook notebook, tablet and handheld range equipped with modernised, touchscreen-optimised Terminal Emulation applications.
StayLinked’s SmartTE software provides a cost-effective way to take advantage of today's modern touchscreen devices by transforming traditional Terminal Emulation "green screen" application screens into easy-to-use, graphical screens with no changes to the underlying enterprise application. With SmartTE, customers get the best of both worlds with no-risk application modernisation. They continue to benefit from the speed, reliability, and security of Terminal Emulation while increasing productivity and usability with the addition of an intuitive, modern user experience.
In addition, SmartTE means existing investment in host applications and servers is protected with the introduction of more modern mobile devices, and existing apps can be run almost immediately on new operating systems, which removes the need for expensive software development and long implementation cycles, saving money in the long-run.
Sylvaine Smith, European Business Development Manager for Panasonic Computer Product Solutions, said: “StayLinked has transformed the reliability and security of access to critical data for thousands of mobile workers with its Terminal Emulation software and is now helping the same workforce gain the productive benefits of working with touchscreen tablets and handheld devices by converting traditional green screen sessions into next generation graphical displays. As a result, they are the perfect partner to join our growing ISV programme. Panasonic will continue to identify and work closely with software vendors and application providers that combine with our range of leading rugged mobile computing devices to bring technology solutions that help business transform the productivity of their mobile workforces.”
Padraig Regan, General Manager, Europe at StayLinked, added: “Panasonic has a clear European leadership position in the rugged notebook and tablet market and its ambitions for the rugged handheld market make our partnership an exciting one at this time. With SmartTE we aim to help businesses using Terminal Emulation take advantage of today's modern touchscreen devices, like those from Panasonic, with no changes to the underlying enterprise applications. With the vast majority of data collection devices in the warehouse running wireless Terminal Emulation to connect with mission-critical, server-based applications, this partnership will help thousands of mobile workers to increase productivity and make their jobs easier with the addition of an intuitive, modern user experience.”
For further information on the Panasonic Toughbook range of mobile computing solutions visit: www.toughbook.eu.
For more information about StayLinked visit: www.StayLinked.com
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global