Sygic joins Panasonic Toughbook’s Independent Software Vendor programme
BRACKNELL, UK. 12th MARCH 2018: Panasonic today announced that Sygic has joined its Independent Software Vendor Partner Programme to offer the most advanced mobile navigation solutions with its range of Panasonic Toughbook rugged notebook, Toughpad tablets and handheld devices. Sygic’s navigation, mapping and routing solutions are designed for the transport and logistics industry, field workforces and the emergency services and are already trusted by more than 2000 fleets and one million professional drivers around the world.
Sygic Professional Navigation with its own Software Development Kit (SDK) is designed for integration into fleet & workforce management systems and apps. As one of the most flexible navigation applications for fleets available, it supports all major operating systems. Sygic navigation for fleets provides the latest maps with restrictions for trucks and hazardous materials from renowned global and local map providers in more than 40 languages, covering almost every country in the world. The maps are designed to be downloaded so navigation is not affected by signal issues.
Sygic also delivers Online Maps API, Geocoding & Search and Routing and Optimisation APIs for planning and optimisation solutions for fleets. Easy to integrate and with outstanding support, Sygic’s commercial routing and optimisation algorithm for truck, emergency and commercial vehicles is used by 1 million professional drivers worldwide, providing a single source of map data and routing on web and mobile devices so executed routes are exactly the same as planned in the office.
Sylvaine Smith, European Business Development Manager for Panasonic Computer Product Solutions, said: “Navigation and mapping solutions are vital components for many of our customers with mobile workforces, whether it's utility companies tracking and maintaining assets or the emergency services finding the fastest route to a call out. By working closely with Sygic, as a preferred GPS Navigation ISV Partner, we will be able to ensure our customers can source the best rugged device and navigation and mapping solution to meet their needs at the point of purchase.”
Tomas Michalik, Head of Sales and Business Development at Sygic, added: “Panasonic Toughbook notebooks and Toughpad tablets and handheld devices provide the perfect hardware platform for the effective integration of Sygic's navigation and mapping products with third party mission-critical line of business applications. Working together with the leading player in the European rugged notebook and tablet market and now the fastest growing rugged handheld manufacturer, we create a powerful combination to make fleet and logistics operation more efficient.”
Panasonic’s ISV Partner Programme is designed to bring the very best mobile business software solutions together with Panasonic’s range of market-leading rugged mobile devices to offer customers business solutions that have been designed, tried and tested to improve the performance and productivity of the mobile workforce.
For further information on the Panasonic Toughbook range of mobile computing solutions visit: http://business.panasonic.co.uk/computer-product/
For further information about Sygic navigation and mapping solutions visit: http://www.sygic.com/business
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global