Panasonic top in understanding business needs, hardware performance, technical support and total satisfaction, according to latest buyer research
BRACKNELL, UK. 6TH JUNE 2018 Panasonic is the most trusted rugged notebook and tablet provider, according to buyers polled in the latest research from international technology specialists VDC Research. The global market-leading provider of rugged Toughbook notebooks and Toughpad tablets topped the list in a wide range of categories including understanding business needs, hardware performance, technical support and total satisfaction. The research, undertaken by VDC Research, questioned more than 600 buyers of mobile computing devices across Europe and North America.
Using a Net Promoter Score (NPS) to measure the loyalty that exists between a provider and a customer alongside satisfaction ratings of zero to 10, Panasonic beat its rugged competitors when buyers were questioned on key areas throughout the lifecycle of a rugged device.
Tops recommendation poll
When considering rugged computing vendors as a whole, Panasonic topped the NPS scoreboard - 6 points clear of its nearest competitor. The score is based on how likely a buyer is to recommend the company and product.
Understanding needs and implementation
Buyers said Panasonic outpointed its rugged industry peers with its ability to understand needs and match it with proper technical solutions. Panasonic also came out on top for solution implementation and technical support.
Strongest in Hardware performance
In terms of overall satisfaction with hardware performance, Panasonic topped the rugged leaderboard. When scoring, buyers considered display quality and daylight viewability, processor performance, battery life, wireless performance, drop and impact resistance, vibration and water resistance.
In addition, VDC Research reported that Panasonic excelled at service quality in comparison to its peers. This category of questioning covered expediency of service, maintenance, quality of service, customer service, and value for investment.
Key points of differentiation
“Panasonic’s technologies are being leveraged for a variety of integrated business and mission critical workflows,” said David Krebs, Executive Vice President of Enterprise Mobility and Connected Devices at VDC Research. “A key point of differentiation for Panasonic from its rugged peers is the ability to understand customer requirements and identify opportunities to align its technologies to support these applications. Panasonic also excels at post deployment professional services and addressing any unique requirements or adjustments required once their solutions have been fielded. This is a particularly critical and competitive service capability for Panasonic.”
Business critical decision
“Choosing the right provider for an organisation’s mobile computing solution is a business critical decision,” said Jan Kaempfer, General Manager for Marketing at Panasonic Computer Product Solutions. “It requires a supplier that can provide the right advice and support at every stage of the products lifecycle, from understanding the requirements of the mobile workforce and specifying the best rugged solution, through to implementation, maintenance and servicing and support. Panasonic works tirelessly to ensure it can offer this high level of support to our customers and I am delighted that this commitment has shone through in these research results.”
To download a copy of the research Executive Summary visit: https://toughbook.panasonic.eu/customer-satisfaction-EN
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic Toughbook had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global