The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 tablet is the most flexible and customisable fully rugged 7 inch tablet for mobile workers
BRACKNELL, UK. 26th July 2018 - Panasonic has refreshed its popular fully rugged and fanless Windows tablet ensuring it remains the most flexible and customisable 7 inch tablet for mobile workers. The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 mk3 Standard tablet is equipped with a more powerful 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor. The Intel® Core™ i5-7Y57 vPro CPU delivers exceptional performance with very low power consumption, keeping heat generation to a minimum. The device has also been equipped with brighter 700cd/m² display with an anti-reflective clear protection film for unrivalled viewing of the ten finger capacitive touch screen. The Value model’s display improvements are also matched with double the RAM to 4GB, along with a more powerful Intel® Celeron® Processor N4100.
The upgrades are set to further enhance the reputation of the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 as the most flexible and customisable rugged 7 inch tablet for mobile workers. As well as the highly flexible configuration ports and integrated business expansion module, Panasonic has added a range of sensor options for the device allowing mobile workers in multiple industries to tailor the product to their needs.
The optional integrated Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera is designed to measure and process 3D dimensions on the go. The solution is ideal for use in a wide range of industry applications including warehouse space optimisation, plant and asset maintenance, wound monitoring in healthcare and crime scene and insurance claim photos. The 3D camera has a use range from 16cm up to 10m depending on the resolution and environmental conditions and is suitable for outdoor use and can be incorporated into the FZ-M1 Standard model.
Another option is the FLIR Lepton micro thermal imaging camera that allows field workers to take and process accurate thermal images on the spot and link these images to other line of business applications and add metadata content such as QR codes.
The thermal camera, combined with the powerful rugged Panasonic tablet and its versatile, configurable set-up makes it ideal for a range of business sectors and applications. As well as obvious heat seeking applications for use by the fire, emergency services and defence sectors, thermal imaging can be used in manufacturing for production line control and quality assurance, in utilities and field services for maintenance and repairs, and in oil and gas, aviation, automotive and construction for asset management and diagnostics.
Jan Kaempfer, General Manager of Marketing for Panasonic Computer Product Solutions, said: “To maximise the productivity of mobile workforces, businesses need mobile computing devices that can be configured and are flexible enough to meet the specific needs of their different workers. This latest Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1 tablet and our ever increasing range of integrated solutions and peripherals makes tailored rugged mobile devices a reality.”
The Panasonic FZ-M1 tablet can be configured at purchase so that specialist features, such as the cameras, can be combined with other integrated options including 4G mobile broadband, GPS and vehicle pass through antenna. The integrated business expansion module options include Serial, LAN, NFC, Smartcard Reader, Barcode Reader, UHF RFID and battery hot swap capabilities. As standard, the Toughpad FZ-M1 includes a full size USB 3.0, Micro SD, Headset, DC-In and micro SIM.
Lightweight but tough
Weighing in at just 540g, and 18mm thin, the Toughpad FZ-M1 is drop tested to 150cm and has an IP65 ingress protection rating for resistance to dust and water and will operate effectively in temperatures ranging from -10 to +50°C.
Long battery life and hot swap option
With built-in battery saving technology such as its ambient light sensor, the Toughpad FZ-M1 can operate for 8 hours (MobileMark 2014) on its replaceable battery on a 2.5 hour charge time with the option for an 18 hours (MobileMark 2014) extended battery. For those who need to work longer, a hot swappable battery set-up can be established using the configurable port options.
Cameras to suit
For users needing to live video conference or capture photographic images of documentation in the field, the FZ-M1 is equipped with a 2 megapixel front web camera with stereo mic and 8 megapixel rear camera.
Both new models will be available from the end of August 2018. The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1mk3 tablet will be priced at £1,216 plus tax. The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1mk3 Value tablet will be priced at £801 plus tax.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV offers high quality products and solutions to ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance to end-users in the areas of remote camera solutions, switchers, studio camera solutions and ENG P2. The VariCam line-up of professional digital video cameras are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) which makes them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offer world leading communication solutions including professional scanners, telephony systems and SIP terminal devices.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 57% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2017 (VDC Research, March 2018).
- Industrial Medical Vision provides applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM micro camera solutions. End-users, system integrators or distributors can choose from a range of full product solutions and component vision technology.
- Security Solutions, including video surveillance cameras and recorders, video intercom systems and intruder alarms.
- Visual System Solutions, including projectors and professional displays. Panasonic offers the widest range of Visual products, and leads the European high brightness projector market with a 37.20% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm (FY16 April 2015 - March 2016, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 495 subsidiaries and 91 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.711 billion for the year ended March 31, 2017. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global