Second Annual Customer Innovation Awards Recognize Pioneering Companies across Industries
WOKINGHAM, UK (September 17, 2014) – Perforce Software today announced the winners of its second annual Versionary Awards, recognising customers that use Perforce’s enterprise version management solutions to drive innovation in their industries.
Winners across various categories of versioning excellence will be recognised at MERGE 2014, Perforce’s user conference, held this year in San Francisco from September 17–19.
2014 Versionary Award winners are:
- Most Unusual File Stored in Perforce: adidas & WB Games
- adidas, Europe’s largest sportswear manufacturer and creator of some of the most stylish shoes in the world, stores the designs for its famous footwear in Perforce.
- People might think that Batman lives in the Bat Cave or Gotham City, but for WB Games, its versions of Batman live in a Perforce depot.
- Most Innovative Application of Perforce: Time Warner Cable & Boeing/Jeppesen
- Time Warner Cable has incorporated Perforce into its production deployment processes to aid in distributing software products to 14 million devices in 11 million subscriber homes.
- Boeing/Jeppesen uses Perforce to build software supporting airborne navigation systems, flight planning services, pilot training and airline operations management.
- Best Adoption of Continuous Delivery Systems: Microsoft Mobile & NetApp
- At Microsoft Mobile, 1,200 developers across five global sites working on the Windows Phone’s OS and application software use Perforce to store all related assets.
- At NetApp, nearly 4,000 developers create hourly builds for NetApp® Data ONTAP®, the #1 branded storage operating system in the world according to analyst firm IDC. 
- Best Use of Perforce for Auditing and Compliance: EMC
- Perforce and its audit history capabilities allow EMC to pass the vigorous audits of its entire software development lifecycle, which FDA regulations demand of the pharmaceutical companies served by EMC.
- Best Globalization: Bally Technologies and Barclays
- The world’s oldest slot machine manufacturer, Bally Technologies, has developers around the world releasing updates for slot, online and mobile games—multiple times per week.
- Barclays developers across Africa, Asia Pacific, Central America, Europe, India and North America store source code in the company’s shared Perforce server.
- Best Use of Perforce by DevOps Teams: MathWorks
- MathWorks, the creator of MATLAB, the language of technical computing, and Simulink, the embedded systems model simulator, has been using Perforce for almost ten years and version their entire DevOps environment in Perforce.
- Best Perforce Product Developed by Customer: Trend Micro
- Trend Micro built a system for monitoring project status using Perforce metadata. This tool monitors KPIs such as lines of code in a particular project, code size increase and types of languages used. It then correlates this project defect data to help manage project quality and team productivity.
- Best Use of Open Source with Perforce: Infinera
- Optical transmission equipment manufacturer Infinera uses Perforce and OpenGrok for source code search and cross referencing.
- Perforce World Records:
- Biggest file: Nuance
- Most CI/CD transactions: EA
- Largest depot: Qualcomm
- Highest number of product updates per day: 22cans
"We are privileged to say that our customers are some of the most innovative and influential companies in the world," said Christopher Seiwald, founder and CEO of Perforce. "The Versionary Awards are our way of recognizing the great ways they apply Perforce to push the envelope of what’s possible."
 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker 2014 Q1, June 2014 (Open Networked Disk Storage Systems revenue)
# # #
About Perforce Software
Perforce offers the industry’s most advanced version management and collaboration platform. Perforce protects its customers most valuable IP and enables teams to collaborate without conflict on any type of file—from source code to industrial designs to business documents. The company’s technology is unique in its ability to manage large binary content while scaling to support globally distributed teams—a vital capability for organizations looking to produce better products faster through Continuous Delivery practices. Perforce serves more than 10,500 customers, from start-ups to the most innovative and impactful brands in the world such as Samsung, NVIDIA, SAP, Pixar, National Instruments, Salesforce.com and the New York Stock Exchange. Perforce offers all of its products as well as access to its award-winning technical support free of charge for up to 20 users. According to an independent study, companies that migrate to Perforce improve developer productivity by 15% and release their products 25% faster. The company is headquartered in Alameda, California, with offices in the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Ph: +1 510-473-3186
Mob: +1 415-955-7483
Ph: +1 312-233-1361
Mob: +1 773-822-6182
Maxine Ambrose/Nicola Males
Ph: +44 1491 412944