Server Clustering Extends Perforce’s Industry-Leading Scalability and Brings High Availability to Global Development Teams
- New capabilities in the Perforce versioning engine, P4D, enable support for tens of thousands of concurrent users in a single data center, adding a high availability option with automated failover
- A new cluster management utility, P4CMGR, simplifies setup and ongoing maintenance
WOKINGHAM, UK (January 13, 2015) – Perforce Software today announced the addition of powerful server clustering capabilities for its version management engine, further extending the performance and scalability of the Perforce version management platform. Introducing a more reliable and horizontally scalable architecture for global collaboration, the latest release brings greater scalability and a new high availability (HA) deployment topology. Additionally, a newly unveiled cluster management utility, P4CMGR, streamlines the addition of new Perforce servers and provides monitoring for fast, automated switchover in case of failure.
- A Scalable, Global Platform: The Perforce server cluster distributes workloads across multiple nodes. This workload distribution is invisible to users, who connect normally while the cluster intelligently assigns workload to nodes. Additional capacity may be added incrementally as needed to maintain consistent performance.
- Reaching Zero Down-Time: High availability is made possible by a standby depot server that ensures all users keep working when the master depot server must be taken offline for maintenance or fails. Automated switchover ensures a new level of uptime confidence vital for financial services, health care, manufacturing and other highly regulated industries.
- Improved Manageability: For optimum flexibility, system administrators can use the cluster manager utility to modify their deployment topology at any time.
These new features build upon Perforce’s existing federated architecture, which provides local LAN speeds over Internet WAN connections.
“Businesses today need a 24/7 development platform that supports distributed teams working together around the clock,” said Christopher Seiwald, founder and CEO of Perforce. “Our server clustering brings the zero down-time ideal within reach while letting administrators expand capacity incrementally for on-demand growth at any scale.”
# # #
About Perforce Software
Perforce offers the industry’s most advanced version management and collaboration platform. Perforce protects its customers most valuable IP and enables teams to collaborate without conflict on any type of file—from source code to industrial designs to business documents. The company’s technology is unique in its ability to manage large binary content while scaling to support globally distributed teams—a vital capability for organisations looking to produce better products faster through Continuous Delivery practices. Perforce serves more than 10,500 customers, from the thousands of start-ups that rely on its free 20-user edition to some of the most innovative and impactful brands in the world, such as Samsung, NVIDIA, SAP, Pixar, National Instruments, Salesforce.com and the New York Stock Exchange. According to an independent study, companies that migrate to Perforce improve developer productivity by 15% and release their products 25% faster. The company is headquartered in Alameda, California, with offices in the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia, and sales partners around the globe. For more information, please visit www.perforce.com.
Ph: +1 510-473-3186
Mob: +1 415-955-7483
Ph: +1 312-233-1361
Mob: +1 773-822-6182
Maxine Ambrose/Nicola Males
Ph: +44 1491 412944