Italian beverage company San Benedetto adopts rugged Panasonic TOUGHBOOK tablets for efficient production line management, as part of the company's digitisation process.
BRACKNELL, UK. 1st August 2019 – San Benedetto, a leading company in the non-alcoholic beverage sector in Italy, has issued its production line employees with 65 Panasonic TOUGHBOOK A2 10,1’’ fully rugged tablets for use in its factories. The company, with 2,000 employees globally, operates in more than 100 countries and has a production capacity of 4.6 billion bottles per year. The devices, which help San Benedetto take a major step towards a paperless work environment, will be used in its production lines, with the aim of simplifying processes and operations and increasing productivity.
Unrivalled ergonomic design
In its commitment to safeguarding the planet, San Benedetto has embarked on a path of sustainability that includes the digitisation of its production processes. The TOUGHBOOK A2 mobile device, with an Android operating system, is equipped with a wide range of customisable business interfaces and connectivity options, which allow it to be adapted to the specific needs of the workers. It has a removable, hot swap battery capable of ensuring operation for an entire work shift, is certified with an IP65 ingress protection rating for resistance to dust and water and operates effectively in extreme temperatures ranging from -10 to +50°C.
The device allows staff to work seamlessly thanks to its resistance to impact, being able to withstand drops up to 1.2 meters, long battery life and the possibility of working in environments with high humidity. The employees particularly benefit from the ergonomic design, thanks to its low weight, the durable and easily adjustable hand strap, and the integrated barcode reader, which is essential to reduce quality control times and registration errors.
Extensive selection process
“We carried out an in-depth analysis of the market of professional rugged tablets, which allowed us to identify the Panasonic A2 TOUGHBOOK, which was able to guarantee all the features we were requiring for use in an industrial environment," says Matteo Boatto, Senior Buyer of San Benedetto.
“We are really proud to be able to contribute to the commitment of San Benedetto in terms of environment protection, a value which is very dear to Panasonic too,” added Federico Padovani, Regional Marketing Manager for Italy of Panasonic Mobile Solutions. “For us, this is a further recognition of the worthiness of our devices in manufacturing, where they are notoriously able to offer significant benefits, such as simplifying operations and increasing productivity.”
For the full video story, click here: Panasonic TOUGHBOOK & Gruppo San Benedetto, together for the environment
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of TOUGHBOOK rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global.