The STORM Command and Control system will improve resource management for Crime Scene Investigations
London, September 13th 2016 – Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, has today announced that Yorkshire & the Humber Scientific Support has invested in a STORM Command and Control system to support the first collaborative Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) operation in the UK. West Yorkshire Police is the lead force in this collaboration on behalf of the four police forces within Yorkshire and Humberside.
- STORM Command and Control is an emergency services command and control system for the recording and management of incidents
- Resources from all four forces (West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and Humberside) will be managed from one central command centre in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- The software will receive, manage and report on incidents and will ensure that the appropriate resource is deployed to a crime scene
- This 24-hour service is the first time STORM has been used to support collaborative CSI operations in the UK
- The STORM system will improve the efficiency of resource usage across the region, reducing travel times for units and helping to improve the quality of investigation operations
- The project began in August this year, and will go live in April 2017
Commenting on the deal, Kevin McDade, Head of Emergency Services, Sopra Steria said: “Yorkshire & the Humber Scientific Support is leading the way when it comes to deploying digital technologies. Now the Regional Scientific Support Service will be able to work more efficiently with the forces in the Yorkshire and Humber region to effectively investigate crime scenes. This is the first collaborative support operation in the UK and is a powerful example of the benefits of sharing resources.”
John Gilbody, Head of Operations for Yorkshire & the Humber Scientific Support Services said: “By managing and controlling all of our teams from one central location it will ensure that we are placing our people in the right place at the right time. This will allow us to maximise our use of resources and improve the quality of our CSI services. Sopra Steria’s STORM system is integral to this. We have been using this technology with great success across the force for a number of years now, and we know that Sopra Steria has the experience and know-how to help us gain the desired benefits and provide an enhanced and more efficient service to the victims of crime.”
About Sopra Steria
Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology. With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries, Sopra Steria had revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015.
For more information, visit us at www.soprasteria.com
Sopra Steria Group (SOP) is listed on Euronext Paris (Compartment A) - ISIN: FR0000050809
About Yorkshire and the Humber Scientific Support Service
Yorkshire and the Humber Regional Scientific Support Service provides a centrally managed, locally delivered, comprehensive, effective and efficient service to the four forces of Yorkshire and the Humber that fully utilises resources and new technologies to meet the needs of the public, investigators and other stakeholders.