Panasonic and the Swiss government have concluded an outline agreement for the delivery of rugged mobile computing devices through 2025.
BRACKNELL, UK. 12th November 2019 – Panasonic Mobile Solutions Business Division has won a tender offer issued by the Swiss government for an outline agreement worth more than £50 million (GBP), or CHf 65 million, and running from 2019 to 2025.
Through the outline agreement, Swiss federal government institutions can procure rugged Panasonic TOUGHBOOK mobile devices.
The items available in the portfolio include notebooks, detachable devices and tablets as well as handheld devices with Windows or Android operating systems. Car mounter kits and portable solutions along with professional services such as five-year guarantees are also part of the deal.
“As Europe’s leading supplier of rugged mobile devices, Panasonic has been reliably providing high-quality devices and outstanding services for more than 20 years,” said Patrick Muff, Key Account Manager at Panasonic Mobile Solutions Business Division. “Many solutions have been specially developed for deployment in the area of defence and security and have been used by countless organisations throughout Europe and the world.”
Secure hardware from the market leader Panasonic
Mobile IT solutions from Panasonic are based on resilient notebooks, 2-in-1 devices, tablets and handhelds and are designed explicitly for working environments that are hostile to computers and for demanding 24/7 continuous operation.
Depending on the model, they are equipped with Android or Windows operating systems and certified in accordance with various IP protection classes and MIL-STD-810G. The three categories of “fully rugged”, “semi rugged” and “business rugged” provide coverage for all application areas. With their modular design and versatile configurability – including with integrated barcode/RFID scanners – they are tailored to meet demands and unite the advantages of multiple devices in one multifunctional tool. In conjunction with carrier systems for use on foot and in-vehicle mounting options, they enable maximum versatility and ideally support digitalisation of work processes in many areas.
Thanks to their ergonomic and resilient design, Panasonic’s solutions ensure maximum availability of the technology, greater user productivity and, as a result, hardware security, smooth company processes and lower total cost of ownership.
For more information, visit: www.toughbook.eu.
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7737
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Our quest is to make technology work invisibly together and free businesses to succeed. We believe technology should just work. That businesses will succeed if they can simply focus on their customers, in the knowledge that all the technologies delivering their capabilities work together. That is why we are dedicated to developing products and solutions that are so integrated with our customer’s way of working, that they are almost invisible – the workhorse in the background that powers business success
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of TOUGHBOOK rugged notebooks, business tablets, handhelds and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic had a 48% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and tablets in 2018 (VDC Research, March 2019).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. The company, which celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2018, has expanded globally and now operates 582 subsidiaries and 87 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 62.5 billion for the year ended March 31, 2019. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: https://www.panasonic.com/global.