LONDON – 26 February 2019 – The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a non-profit organisation formed by learning and human capital management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD), today announced that Team Rubicon UK is using Cornerstone’s Learning Management System to train, engage and deploy volunteers quickly and efficiently. Team Rubicon is a Talent Management Grantee of the Foundation.
Team Rubicon UK is an international disaster response charity whose predominantly ex-military volunteers provide relief to disaster survivors across the globe. With a network of more than 1,400 volunteers, Team Rubicon provide rigorous disaster response training to ensure they are always ready to deploy both in the UK or abroad.
The organisation’s teams are agile and fast, arriving for duty just hours after a disaster has struck. They aim to provide immediate life support for disaster survivors and help restore order in the chaos caused by crisis. To fulfil their mission, it’s critical that Team Rubicon UK can quickly understand which volunteers are available for deployment, what skills they already have, and what training they might need to upskill going forward.
Improving deployment speed with leading technology
Before using Cornerstone, Team Rubicon UK found it difficult to manage and deploy their volunteers effectively. The organisation had a database of volunteers, but they didn’t have a solution to quickly understand who had which skills, people’s availability, and any knowledge gaps that training could resolve. The other challenge was keeping volunteers engaged with learning opportunities, as there wasn’t a simple way to access and update volunteers’ data and skill sets, and training was administered through email, making it difficult to track progress.
With the help of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, the organisation has been able to ensure:
- Greater productivity: Shortly after Team Rubicon UK’s Cornerstone implementation, Hurricane Irma hit the Caribbean – requiring the organisation to urgently deploy volunteers to help on the ground. Before Cornerstone, they had only been able to deploy a maximum of 12 people at a time due to the time it took to find the right people, understand their profile and their availability, and get them deployed. With Cornerstone in place, the organisation was able to work faster than before to deliver impact with the right people, to the right place, at the right time. It deployed 89 people over a three-month period, 45 of those being deployed in one wave – a number previously impossible to reach in such a short space of time.
- Talent readiness and tracked learning: With Cornerstone, every volunteer at Team Rubicon UK now has a digital profile, allowing them to update their own data. Team Rubicon UK can also now administer learning through Cornerstone rather than via email, track who has completed courses, and link this information to each volunteer’s digital profile. This allows the organisation to quickly identify and locate the right people for each deployment, all through one single source of truth.
- Improved scalability: Using Cornerstone, Team Rubicon plans to increase its online training capacity to enhance existing face-to-face training, deliver critical training to volunteers anywhere, anytime, and increase engagement with volunteers who are unable to travel to the organisation’s headquarters in Wiltshire. Team Rubicon UK’s volunteer base is growing by around 70 people per month, with this figure expected to rise as the organisation offers more learning opportunities than ever before.
Comments on the News
“We’re in the business of saving lives, so minutes matter, and partnering with the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation has allowed us to deliver our services faster and more efficiently than ever before. It’s impossible to predict when disasters will occur, so being able to quickly find the best trained volunteers for the specific disaster in a short time frame is vital, and Cornerstone is helping us do that, creating a single source of truth for our volunteers and their abilities. We look forward to working together more in the future,” Richard Sharp, CEO, Team Rubicon UK.
“With the organisation doing such high-stakes work, it’s so important that Team Rubicon UK can work smartly and efficiently. We feel proud knowing that Cornerstone’s software is supporting Team Rubicon UK in saving lives. The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation exists to develop, engage, and empower employees and the people they serve, and we hope we can continue to do this as Team Rubicon UK grows,” said Vincent Belliveau, executive vice president and general manager EMEA at Cornerstone OnDemand.
- For more information about the Cornerstone Foundation, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.org/
- For more information about Cornerstone Learning Management, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.co.uk/learning
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone OnDemand’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organisations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Americares, Save the Children, Teach for America, Team Rubicon, and YearUp. www.cornerstoneondemand.org
Cornerstone®, Cornerstone OnDemand® and Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc.
About Team Rubicon UK
Team Rubicon’s mostly ex-military volunteers earned their spurs in hostile, character-testing environments. Today, they deliver life-saving aid, at home and abroad. Every “Greyshirt” volunteer, whether a veteran or civilian, brings grit, determination and hard-won experience to our humanitarian mission. Find them on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/TeamRubiconUK/ and follow them on Twitter and Instagram.
Phone: +44 (0)203 861 3600