Industry experts identify the top tech enterprise startups
London, UK and San Francisco, CA, USA - February 24th 2020 – The Eighth Edition Tech Trailblazers Awards winners were announced today, recognising outstanding early-stage companies across 10 major enterprise technology categories alongside three additional special categories.
For the third year running, the Security category attracted most entries, having first overtaken the Cloud category in 2017. And, for the first time, judges were unable to split two nominees, choosing instead to name joint winners in the Female Tech Trailblazer of the Year category. Geographically, an increasingly clear majority of winners are founded and/or based in the USA.
The complete list of 2019 winners:
- AI: Balbix – www.balbix.com, @balbixinc, USA
- Big Data: Confluent – www.confluent.io, @ConfluentInc, USA
- Blockchain: Gospel Technology - www.gospel.tech, @gospel_tech, UK
- Cloud: Apstra – www.apstra.com, @ApstraInc, USA
- Containers: Portworx – www.portworx.com, @portwx, USA
- IoT: BitBox – www.bitboxusa.com, @bitboxusa, USA
- FinTech: Divido – www.divido.com, @divido, UK
- Mobile: Valyant AI – www.valyant.ai, @ValyantAI, USA
- Security: ShiftLeft – www.shiftleft.io, @ShiftLeftInc, USA
- Storage: LucidLink – www.lucidlink.com, @Lucid_Link, USA
- Firestarter Award: HighByte – www.highbyte.com, @HighByteInc, USA
- Female Tech Trailblazers of the Year: Neena Dasgupta, CEO of Zirca Digital, www.zirca.in, India, @ndasgupta; and Neha Sampat, founder and CEO of Contentstack, www.contentstack.com, USA, @nehasf
- Male Tech Trailblazer of the Year: Cody Cornell, co-founder and CEO, Swimlane, www.swimlane.com, USA, @codycornell
Visit http://bit.ly/TrailblazersWinners8 for more details of the winners and runners-up in each category.
Rose Ross, founder of the Tech Trailblazers Awards, said: “Given the maturity of some categories, it’s fantastic to see that award-winning innovation continues in every category. A highlight is that judges named joint winners in a category for the first time We congratulate all the winners both on their trailblazing and on their efforts to bring these innovations to market.”
The Tech Trailblazers Awards was the first independent awards program dedicated to enterprise information technology startups. Every year since 2012, it has identified the most innovative entrants and concepts in enterprise technology: startups are invited to nominate themselves, with shortlists for each category chosen by the Tech Trailblazers Awards’ panel of leading IT industry experts. Winners are identified by a combination of judging panel opinions and public vote.
The Tech Trailblazers Awards is supported by sponsors and industry partners including AfriLabs, Amoo Venture Capital Advisory, beSUCCESS, bnetTV, BigDataStartups, China AXLR8R, the Cloud Security Alliance, Computing, ExecEvent, GFT, GoMoNews, The Green Grid, GSMA, The Icehouse, Innovation Warehouse, Internet of Things Events, IP EXPO Europe, Launchpad Europe, L’Informaticien, Lissted, MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, The Next Silicon Valley, Outsource, Prezi, The Register, Silicon Cape Initiative, Skolkovo, StarTau, Startup America, Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), Tech in Asia, TechNode, TiE Silicon Valley, Wazoku, Ventureburn and VMware.
Media contact for Tech Trailblazers Awards
Vicki Porter, Omarketing, +44 20 8255 5225, email@example.com
About the Tech Trailblazers Awards
Recognising startup innovation since 2012, Tech Trailblazers is designed explicitly for smaller businesses and startups less than six years old and at C-series funding or below. Early stage startups (2 years or less, without VC funding) are able to apply for a chosen tech category free of charge via the new Firestarter bursary and are automatically submitted for the Firestarter award. In 2016, the Tech Trailblazers Awards introduced the Female and Male Tech Trailblazers of the Year categories to celebrate individual success within senior members of enterprise tech startups.