London – 5th March 2019 - UKCloud, the multi-cloud experts dedicated to making transformation happen across UK public sector, has today announced that they have been recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the South East with a 1-star accreditation.
This is the first time that UKCloud has entered into the Best Company accreditation which benchmarks their level of employee engagement. UKCloud was awarded for its high Best Companies Index score from the Best Companies survey and they have also been awarded 58th place in the Top 75 Best Companies in the South East, which independently demonstrates that UKCloud employees are highly engaged and feel genuinely valued.
"UKCloud commissioned the Best Companies survey so that we can understand the needs of our staff and then build a comprehensive program to ensure we truly become the best place to work. This award is a reflection of our phenomenal employees and their commitment to our vision. We could not have achieved this without their passion and engagement." said Simon Hansford, CEO at UKCloud.
Jonathan Austin, CEO & Founder of Best Companies said “I would like to congratulate UKCloud on their achievement. Best Companies have been producing the Accreditation standard since 2006 to acknowledge excellence in the workplace. Organisations like UKCloud have continued to focus on their employees and have been rewarded with an engaged workforce who tell us that this is a best company to work for.”
Following the results of the survey, the UKCloud Leadership Team created 17 commitments centred around 4 key themes for the continued wellbeing of employees.
- Build a Learning Culture – that empowers colleagues to take control of their personal development.
- Enhance Communication & Collaboration – by using social capital and a passion to share to create excitement and enthusiasm.
- Support Colleague Wellbeing – to enhance mental and physical wellbeing.
- Empower Managers – to lead and inspire their teams to greatness.
As a technology business in the fast-paced Cloud market, UKCloud recognise it is their people that make the difference, and that they are the ones who make transformation happen. To support the challenging environment in which they operate, UKCloud consistently invests in their own programme of mental health & wellbeing champions and encourage employees to make use of the quarterly social budget on team activities like go-karting, cocktail making and escape room experiences.
The UKCloud foundation is also proud to support the local community offering charity days to all colleagues. This year they are proud to be supporting the local community by delivering two upcoming STEM days at Tomlinscote & Calthorpe’s School in partnership with the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance in April as well as the annual fundraising activities for Children in Need and Comic Relief.
UKCloud is proud to have a flourishing early careers program which to date has taken on over 50 undergraduates & apprentices since 2013 and is looking forward to welcoming 16 new undergraduates this summer working in departments across the organisation.
UKCloud is a rapidly growing organisation, scaling from 67 employees at the start of 2015 to over 200 at present and the company has a number of exciting opportunities at all levels across the organisation. To join one of the best companies to work for in the South East, visit ukcloud.com/careers.
- ends –
UKCloud provide assured, agile and value-based true public and multi-cloud solutions that enable our customers to deliver enhanced performance through technology.
- We believe in multi-cloud. Because there is no single cloud that delivers the choice and flexibility you need to support your diverse workloads, skills and tools, without compromise
- We are open you’re never locked in. Because public sector deserves to benefit from plurality, competition and flexible commercial terms
- We accelerate your safe passage to cloud. Because our UK experts have unrivalled experience of delivering government grade multi-cloud solutions
- We enable collaboration within communities. Because the ability to access, share and reuse promotes maximum innovation and efficiency
UKCloud. Making Transformation Happen.
Additional information about UKCloud can be found at www.ukcloud.com or by following us on Twitter at @ukcloudltd, while information about UKCloud Health can be found at www.ukcloudhealth.com or on Twitter at @ukcloudhealth and information about UKCloudX can be found at www.ukcloudX.com or on Twitter at @ukcloudx
Ellie Robson-Frisby, Head of Marketing
E: email@example.com M: 07775 538135