Firebox T35-R provides high-performance, enterprise-grade security beyond traditional office settings and to industrial internet of things (IIoT).
8 October 2019 – WatchGuard® Technologies has announced the release of its new Firebox T35-R industrially hardened, network security appliance. The T35-R allows midmarket businesses, distributed enterprises and the managed service providers to extend WatchGuard’s security services and performance beyond traditional office and data centre settings to protect against malware, intrusions and other threats in the harshest environments.
“As cyber criminals set their sights on the massive wave of newly-adopted and potentially insecure industrial internet of things (IIoT) devices, businesses need network security solutions that can withstand the unforgiving deployment conditions present in harsh environments,” said Brendan Patterson, VP of product management at WatchGuard. “The T35-R is designed to meet this growing demand, offering the same industry-leading, enterprise-grade performance and security protections as our conventional network security appliances, with added resistance to temperature, moisture and dust concerns often found in manufacturing, oil and gas plants, utilities sites, agricultural environments and other rugged locations.”
The Firebox T35-R offers the ideal combination of performance, ruggedisation and price for harsh environments. Features include:
- An IP64-Rated Industrial Enclosure – The appliance is fully dust- and splash-proof, and capable of operating in temperatures of -40 to +60 degrees Celsius, providing reliable security and connectivity in extreme conditions without the need to build custom enclosures.
- DC Power – The appliance can operate on 12v to 48v DC power or use an optional AC power supply.
- Industry-leading Network Security – The T35-R makes site-to-site VPN connectivity simple, reliable and manageable, and empowers administrators to confidently enable advanced security protections including APT Blocker, Threat Detection and Response, DNSWatch, IPS, Gateway AntiVirus, without slowing network speeds. NSS Labs recently recommended WatchGuard Firebox in its annual NGFW report as one of only two vendors that successfully defeated all evasion attempts.
- Simplified Deployment – Industrial organisations and the IT solution providers that support them can easily configure, deploy and manage the T35-R using RapidDeploy, WatchGuard’s centralised zero-touch configuration solution, and the WatchGuard Cloud management platform. Users can pre-configure appliances for quick and non-technical installation, saving travel time and man hours for individual security deployments at remote industrial sites.
- SCADA IPS Signatures – Included with WatchGuard’s Basic and Total Security Suite, the Firebox T35-R leverages these signatures to protect against known industrial control system (ICS) and SCADA threats and enable security use cases in harsh deployment environments.
The Firebox T35-R is available for purchase today. Find out more here:
About WatchGuard Technologies
WatchGuard® Technologies is a global leader in network security, secure Wi-Fi, multi-factor authentication, and network intelligence. The company’s award-winning products and services are trusted around the world by nearly 10,000 security resellers and service providers to protect more than 80,000 customers. WatchGuard’s mission is to make enterprise-grade security accessible to companies of all types and sizes through simplicity, making WatchGuard an ideal solution for midmarket businesses and distributed enterprises. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit WatchGuard.com.
For additional information, promotions and updates, follow WatchGuard on Twitter @WatchGuard on Facebook or on the LinkedIn Company page. Also, visit our InfoSec blog, Secplicity, for real-time information about the latest threats and how to cope with them at www.secplicity.org. Subscribe to The 443 – Security Simplified podcast at Secplicity.org, or wherever you find your favorite podcasts.
WatchGuard is a registered trademark of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
Chris Warfield, WatchGuard Technologies
+ 206.876.8380, email@example.com
Peter Rennison, PRPR
01442 245030, firstname.lastname@example.org