BullGuard Gamer’s Edition provides all-round PC security without compromising game play; Survey reveals one-fifth of gamers use no security at all
London, Sept. 2, 2008- BullGuard, specialists in user-friendly PC and mobile security solutions for consumers, today released Gamer’s Edition, the world’s most advanced dedicated security solution for gamers. Gamer’s Edition was developed with SteelSeries, a leading global manufacturer of innovative professional gaming peripherals and an active supporter of the professional gaming community.
With the introduction of BullGuard Gamer’s Edition, gaming and security are no longer at odds. With more and more gamers playing online, there is a need for gaming security. Typical frustrations for gamers are endless firewall messages, heavy resource consumption resulting in deteriorated game play and update processes that are initiated during the game.
In a recent survey conducted by BullGuard and SteelSeries among 2,000 gamers, 20 percent admitted to not using any kind of protection while gaming. Almost half of the remaining 80 percent complained about their security software interfering with their gaming experience.
BullGuard Gamer’s Edition enables gamers to focus on their skill sets and most importantly, winning. When a supported game is launched, the application automatically switches to an optimised game profile. Game profiles essentially consist of a number of firewall and anti-virus settings which are preconfigured and adjusted to every individual game. The game profiles ensure that messaging will be halted for the duration of the game. No updates will be initiated and only a minimal amount of resources will be taken up.
Theis Søndergaard, BullGuard’s CTO and co-founder said, “The game profiles enable gamers to remain protected while allowing them to enjoy their game to the fullest. We currently support 80 of the most popular games in the world, including World of Warcraft and Age of Conan, and this number will increase as new games are released to the market. BullGuard makes profiles for all major game releases and pushes those out to our Gamer’s Edition users, ensuring that their application will always be reliable and up-to-date.”
Users have the option to edit existing game profiles and they can easily create additional game profiles themselves. The Gamer’s Edition also comes with a general game mode, which consists of general settings that will suit most games currently on the market.
Bruce Hawver, CEO of SteelSeries, added, “We are thrilled to be a part of this project. With the Gamer’s Edition, the gaming community finally gets a security solution which is tailored to our specific needs. SteelSeries has been closely involved in the development of this product and we hope our customers see the added benefits.”
Gamer’s Edition is designed to help protect gamers’ hardware and data while not compromising on performance. When users are not gaming, BullGuard Gamer’s Edition still provides complete PC protection with full Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall functionality. On top of that, the Gamer’s Edition comes with a Spamfilter and a backup component which allows users to perform backups to local media or the 1 Gigabyte Online Drive included in the subscription. To top it all off, users can get in touch with BullGuard Support 24/7 directly from the application.
BullGuard Gamer’s Edition is available immediately from www.bullguard.com/gamersedition. The recommended retail price is £39.99 (Including VAT) for a one-year subscription.
- ENDS -
Members of the press
The PR Room Ltd
Tel: 0845 094 2902
Mobile: 07779 584 799
BullGuard specialises in PC & mobile security solutions for home-users and small-businesses, emphasising technical excellence, ease-of-use and customer-care. BullGuard is committed to providing simple, cost-effective, integrated security solutions that provide users with first-class protection from viruses and other intruders. BullGuard is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has offices in Denmark, Romania and Australia.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces, available in more than 75 countries. SteelSeries, whose motto is “winning is everything,” has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001. The company has set a new benchmark for gaming accessories around the world thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers, the world’s most demanding IT consumers, who actually make a living based on the quality of SteelSeries products. SteelSeries’ development strategy is simple: Only products that take performance to the next level will be introduced. This ensures optimum performance and durability across a variety of gaming and other demanding applications. For more information, please visit www.SteelSeries.com.