Award Recognizes the 100 “Most Promising” Companies Driving the Future of Technology
Stockholm, April 15, 2008 – Red Herring today announced that Momail is a recipient of the Red Herring 100 Europe, an award given to the top 100 private technology companies based in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region each year.
“This year’s impressive list of winners demonstrates Europe’s emergence as a major player in the global technology sector,” said Red Herring Editor-in-Chief, Joel Dreyfuss. “The exceptional accomplishments of European technology companies and entrepreneurs are a testament to the rapid advancements being made in building the European innovation ecosystem.”
Red Herring’s lists of top private companies are an important part of the company’s tradition of identifying new and innovative technology companies and entrepreneurs. Companies like Google, eBay and Skype were spotted in their early days by Red Herring editors, and touted as leaders that would change the way we live and work.
"We are honored that Momail's innovative mobile messaging solution has been recognized by the Red Herring for this prestigious award. As Momail expands globally, our team continues to push the envelope in its quest to provide consumers with a superior consumer mobile email experience, and therefore looks forward to emulating the success of prior winners of this award,” said Roger Grönberg, CEO of Momail.
Red Herring’s editorial staff rigorously evaluated more than hundreds of private companies through a careful analysis of financial data and subjective criteria, including quality of management, execution of strategy, and dedication to research and development.
Why Momail’s mobile email is a winner?
• Ease of use - Momail is very easy to start and to use, and there is no need for special client software or downloads. All email and data settings are automatically configured by Momail.
• Fast and data efficient – Momail´s patented MMOPE-technology (Mobile Message Optimization & Protection Engine) optimizes all emails, including attachments, per mobile model saving up to 99,9% of the data sent to the mobile device.
• No tolerance of spam - Included in the service is world class mobile spam and virus protection (IronPort).
• Device support - Momail is the market leader in device support, today available on more than 1000 different models.
• Never miss emails - With Momail, all emails can be collected and read from one inbox on the mobile phone (gmail, yahoo, hotmail+, etc.). This feature provides consumers with simple control and easy handling of their email accounts.
• Bonus – A full featured webmail is included ...and much more!
Availability and price
Momail is free of charge and works on all mobiles with built-in email support. The service is available in the UK, in all Nordic countries, Austria, Italy, Germany and Poland. Many more countries will be added this year, beginning with the BeNeLux countries. For an updated country list please visit www.momail.com.
About Red Herring
Red Herring is a global media company which unites the world’s best high technology innovators, venture investors and business decision makers in a variety of forums: a leading innovation magazine, an online daily technology news service, technology newsletters and major events for technology leaders around the globe. Red Herring provides an insider’s access to the global innovation economy, featuring unparalleled insights on the emerging technologies driving the economy. More information about Red Herring is available on the Internet at www.redherring.com.
Momail is focused on offering a free and global e-mail service for mobile devices. Through patent pending in-house developed technology, Momail makes a reality of optimal mobile communication for all mobile devices. Via a growing network of partners offering mobile services based on Momail’s products and technology, Momail’s vision is for mobile email communication to be synonymous with - Momail. To learn more visit www.momail.com.