Today, moneycorp announces it has acquired the Rochford Group, one of Australia’s largest independent treasury advisors. The purchase is moneycorp’s second major international acquisition of 2019, after the completion of its deal for Brazil's Novo Mundo.
Rochford, based in Sydney, also has a representative office in Hong Kong that will further extend moneycorp’s presence in both Australia and Hong Kong, as well as adding a range of new products for moneycorp’s customers.
Rochford’s specialist treasury services offer bespoke solutions to clients, allowing them to manage the impact of treasury risks on cash, profitability and their balance sheets. Rochford's cloud-based treasury risk management platform offers proprietary global cash flow forecasting models and workflow procedures to boost productivity.
Rochford Group, established in 2010, holds a comprehensive Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL), providing solutions to clients across numerous industry sectors.
Commenting on the acquisition, Nick Haslehurst, CFOO of moneycorp said:
“We have worked with the team at Rochford Capital for several years and saw a very strong fit in our own client-led approach to providing effective risk management solutions. We are delighted to have the Rochford team joining us and believe we can help accelerate Rochford’s growth by deploying their operating model through the moneycorp group.”
Thomas Averill, MD of Rochford Group commented:
“We’re excited to be welcomed into the moneycorp family and I am looking forward with my team to leveraging moneycorp’s global footprint and resources to bring Rochford’s services to new markets. Global economic volatility means both personal and corporate clients are in need of effective counsel to manage their FX positions and a hedging strategy to mitigate risk, protect margins and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.”
UK headquartered moneycorp, which handled over 5.9m global transactions in 2018, trades more than £35.5bn of currency annually through its offices in the UK, USA, Brazil, Hong Kong, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Romania, Australia, UAE and Ireland.
moneycorp’s international growth strategy has seen it acquire and integrate Commonwealth FX, the US based corporate international payments company acquired in January 2018, and establish a licensed payments business and office in the UAE. Earlier this year it secured entry into South America’s fast-growing foreign exchange market, through the controlling acquisition of Novo Mundo, a São Paulo headquartered business.
Domestic growth for moneycorp includes the expansion of its regional presence in Coventry and the opening of new offices in Leeds and Edinburgh in 2019 to bring dedicated foreign exchange services to key commercial centres in the UK.
moneycorp’s strong investment in its payments solutions technology includes the launch of its API for third-party use, allowing clients to integrate the company’s payments platform into their systems.
Notes to editors:
For further press information and interviews please contact Imogen Robinson on +44 207 932 3671 / firstname.lastname@example.org
With a forty year record of outstanding customer service, today the moneycorp group serves the growing foreign exchange and payments needs of global businesses, importers and exporters, online sellers and personal clients.
- moneycorp has been awarded Feefo’s 2019 Gold Trusted Service Award for excellence in customer service
- moneycorp provides a quick, easy and competitively priced international payments service to individuals and a wide range of businesses
- moneycorp handled 5.9 million transactions and traded £35.5bn worth of currencies in 2018, surpassing 2017 by £2.3 billion
- moneycorp offers telephone, mobile and online payments on a multi-currency platform, helping thousands of customers exchange across 120 currencies
- moneycorp has established service operations in more than twenty locations globally, including the UK (London, Coventry, Edinburgh and Leeds), the USA (San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Providence and Washington), Australia (Sydney and Perth), Brazil (São Paulo, Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Porto Alegre), France, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Ireland, Romania, Spain and the UAE
- In 2014 moneycorp was wholly acquired by Bridgepoint, a major international private equity group focused on investing in market-leading businesses