With petrol and diesel prices at an all-time high, and predicted to continue increasing, there’s now only one type of vehicle that companies and private motorists should consider buying – a green one.
Seeing the latest range of green vehicles all under one roof is virtually impossible – until now. Green-Car-Guide Live! 2008, sponsored by Masternaut Three X, is set to be the UK’s largest Green Motor Show and will display a range of the latest energy-efficient vehicles that can help motorists and fleet operators save money on running costs.
Green-Car-Guide Live! 2008 will take place on Thursday 12th June 2008 at the new award-winning Arena & Convention Centre in Liverpool. The event is aimed at businesses and other organisations with vehicle fleets, and entrance is free, although admission will only be possible by pre-registration at www.Green-Car-Guide.com.
The low carbon vehicles exhibited will range from city cars through to executive cars and commercial vehicles. Vehicle technology will include petrol, diesel, biofuel, hybrid and electric, and there will also be a number of ‘show stoppers’.
For the first time ever, there will be a revolutionary new technology on display that captures the CO2 from a vehicle. The CO2 is then used to make biofuel from algae which then powers the vehicle.
Here’s a preview of the vehicles on display.
Honda Civic hybrid rally car
A high profile demonstration of how hybrid systems can prove successful in motorsport
Range Rover off–road rally car
This class-winning rally car runs on engine oil made from plants
100% Biodiesel Racing Truck, prepared by Fleetsolve
Showing that sustainable biodiesel can win races
100% Biodiesel Tractor
New Holland’s tractors can now run on 100% sustainable biodiesel
The electric Smart is currently undergoing user trials in advance of wider availability
The Modec zero-emission vehicle can carry 2 tonnes over 100 miles up to 50
mph... all on one overnight charge
Eddison Electric ‘Transit’ Van
A Transit van with a fully-electric powertrain
Clean Air Power
Gas Dual Fuel HGV
This truck uses gas to significantly cut fuel bills, a key issue in the haulage industry
Peugeot E7 Electric Taxi
A zero emission taxi cab
Electric Peugeot Expert van
Caddy EcoFuel Van
Can operate on natural gas or biomethane from landfill - in other words it runs on waste!
A small urban delivery vehicle with minimal running costs
GS450h petrol-electric hybrid
A super-saloon combining performance of 0-62mph in 5.9 seconds, combined mpg of 35.8 and just 185g/km of CO2
RX400h petrol-electric hybrid
The UK’s only hybrid 4x4, with 268bhp, 0-62mph in 7.6 seconds, combined mpg of 34.9 and CO2 of 192g/km
LS600h petrol-electric hybrid
A luxury saloon with sector-leading fuel efficiency
Prius petrol-electric hybrid
One of the most popular green cars, a family saloon delivering more than 65mpg
A city car capable of more than 60mpg from its petrol engine
With more space than an Aygo, but still with high miles per gallon (combined 52.3), low emissions of 127g/km and low running costs.
Managing 62.8mpg and emitting just 119g/km CO2, meaning £35 per year in road tax
The 318d saloon is a great driver’s car yet it averages over 60 mpg thanks to EfficientDynamics
The 520d is capable over more than 55mpg – excellent economy for an executive car
The Cooper D drives like a go-kart on heat yet returns an incredible 72.4mpg
Over 60mpg from a nippy city runabout and newly reduced 108g/km emissions
C2 VTS 1.6HDi
110hp performance and just 119g/km emissions combined in a fun ‘hot hatch’ package
C4 1.6HDi Coupe
Low emissions in a stylish coupe model
C4 1.6HDi VTR+ saloon
Space, performance, economy and just 120g/km emissions from a family car
One of the two lowest emitting conventional cars in the UK: just 99g/km CO2, and an incredible 74.3mpg!
VW’s BlueMotion technology has been applied to the Golf resulting in 62.8mpg
Civic petrol-electric hybrid
The road going version of the rally car on display at the show – more than 60mpg from a petrol family saloon
The new C-Class has been critically acclaimed – it combines quality and low emissions
The iconic city car – trendy and economical, giving more than 60mpg
An incredible 74.3mpg equates to just 99g/km CO2 which means free road tax
9-5 Vector Sport BioPower
Running on E85 (85% bioethanol) made from plants, the fuel is from a renewable resource
Legacy Outback Diesel
The brand new boxer diesel engine in the Legacy makes the Outback the most economical 4x4 by far, with 48.7mpg and just 153g/km CO2
A lightweight supermini, so more economical, and more fun to drive
A modern day design icon based on the original classic – and also cheap to run
There will also be stands for:
Showing a Toyota Avensis with carbon capture technology
GreenMotion Vehicle Rental
Specialising in low emission vehicles
Lubrication oils that aid efficiency
WhizzGo Car Club
Why not get rid of your car completely and just use one when you need it?
Masternaut Three X
Make vehicle fleets more efficient by using Masternaut’s clever tracking technology
The UK’s original green car news site
Merseytravel’s ECOtravel Bureau
Merseyside’s leading independent source of clean vehicle and fuel information
Cenex assists UK industry to build competitive advantage from the global shift to a low carbon economy
Northwest Regional Development Agency (NWDA)
The NWDA leads the economic development and regeneration of England's Northwest and is responsible for the region’s climate change action plan.
The event will also include a seminar programme covering the following subjects:
• The Northwest Climate Change Action Plan: The challenges for transport in the region
• Overview of green vehicles that can help you reduce your carbon footprint
• Biofuels: Are they a genuine sustainable solution?
• Development of new low carbon vehicle technologies in the UK
• Real time monitoring and improving of CO2 emissions
In addition there will be a series of technical workshops run by Cenex showcasing UK supply chain capability, particularly in the commercial vehicle sector.
Cenex workshops will include:
• Mechanical Hybrid – From Formula 1 to road cars
• Electrical Vehicle Technology
• Gas Vehicle Technology
• Innovation in Assessing Transport Emissions
• Low Carbon Vehicle Procurement Programme
• Hybrid Buses
• Connaught Hybrid Retrofit System
• Low Carbon Automotive Business Opportunities In the North West
GreenerFleet™, a range of solutions that allow real-time monitoring and reduction of vehicle emissions, will be showcased by the show’s main sponsor, Masternaut Three X. These solutions include a live carbon calculator and mobile resource management systems that increase efficiency, lower costs and improve sustainability.
Green-Car-Guide Live! 2008 is organised by Green-Car-Guide.com, in association with Merseytravel’s ECOtravel Bureau, and sponsored by Masternaut Three X GreenerFleet, Cenex and the Northwest Regional Development Agency.
For more information about the event, and to register, visit www.Green-Car-Guide.com
Notes to Editors
1. There will be a Press Launch of Green-Car-Guide Live! 2008 at 4pm on Wednesday 11th June 2008 at the Liverpool Arena. Admission only by pre-registration - fill out the Delegate Registration form at http://www.green-car-guide.com/gcg-live-2008.htm and put PRESS LAUNCH in the ‘How did you hear about the event’ box.
2. http://www.green-car-guide.com is the UK’s original green car news website. Enjoying over one million page views per year and growing all the time, it provides the latest news about energy-efficient cars available in the UK. The website features the Green-Car-Guide e-book, which has independent reviews of the most economical cars in ten different categories, featuring a total of 68 of the UK’s most energy-efficient cars. www.Green-Car-Guide.com is a project of Promote Environmental Communication, one of the UK’s leading communication consultancies on environmental and sustainability issues. http://www.proenvironment.co.uk
3. The ECOtravel Bureau is Merseyside’s leading independent source of clean vehicle and fuel information. Established in 2004 through a three year EC funded project, the Bureau is now fully funded by Merseytravel. The Bureau held Merseyside’s first business orientated green vehicle show in 2006. http://www.ecotravel.org.uk
4. GreenerFleet is an initiative from Masternaut Three X, the UK's leading provider of mobile resource solutions. GreenerFleet is a powerful fleet management tool that enables companies to monitor and reduce their carbon footprint. See: http://www.greenerfleet.co.uk
5. The Northwest Regional Development Agency (NWDA) leads the economic development and regeneration of England's Northwest and is responsible for the region’s climate change action plan. http://www.nwda.co.uk
6. Cenex is an industry-led public-private partnership set up with the aim of assisting UK industry to build competitive advantage from the global shift to a low carbon economy. http://www.cenex.co.uk