• Push and synchronization technology based offering makes social networking truly mobile
• Integrated solution enables real-time information and notifications across email, social networks and contacts including Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Photobucket
• Innovative “one view” provides one click access to email, contacts, important social networking events, the web and other on-device applications
Redwood City, Calif., September 9, 2008 – VISTO®, the leading provider of secure and easy-to-use push mobile email, today announced VISTO Mobile™ 6. Extending mobile communications beyond email with an integrated experience, VISTO Mobile 6 is a suite of offerings for mobile phones designed to enable end users to connect with friends, family and colleagues in real time in any number of ways including email, social networking, SMS, IM and photo sharing. With VISTO Mobile 6, VISTO is extending beyond mobile email to leverage its technology by bringing greater convenience and functionality to users of mobile media and social networks.
“Social networking is fast becoming a powerful communications medium for the consumer, prosumer and business markets, but enterprise and SMB organizations have not had a reasonable mobile solution that addresses both professional and personal needs,” said J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., VP & Chief Analyst, Mobile & Wireless at Frost & Sullivan. “The social networking capabilities of VISTO Mobile 6, coupled with access to email services give users an excellent example of the integrated mobile access and social networking services they need.”
Featuring an innovative “living address book,” VISTO Mobile 6 offers end users expanded push mobile email and mobile social networking capabilities. This living address book combines favorite contacts from multiple sources, including social networks, into a seamless user interface. VISTO Mobile 6 utilizes VISTO’s patented push and synchronization technology to keep users constantly up to date in real time on their messaging and social networking activities.
In addition, VISTO Mobile 6 provides end users the ability to filter updates from their list of contacts; meaning each user has the control to see only the updates they truly care about. This eliminates the clutter of unnecessary updates and requests.
Continuing to advance VISTO’s best-of-breed mobile email solution, VISTO Mobile 6 email includes VISTO Mobile Exchange Direct Access (EDA) which provides full synchronization of email, contacts and calendar entries with Microsoft Exchange. Further, VISTO Mobile EDA uses Outlook Web Access (OWA) interface which requires no software behind the corporate firewall and is easy to set up. With VISTO EDA, enterprise users, small business users and prosumers who buy their own mobile services can quickly set up secure Exchange access for a seamless user experience.
“As the capabilities and volumes of smartphones and mid-range mobile phones continue to increase and bundled data plans become the norm, individuals are looking to their mobile device and their mobile operator to provide more functionality and value, including timely and secure delivery of mission critical messaging, applications and content. In parallel, service providers and operators are looking to bring more value to their customers further up the value chain, independent of RIM, Microsoft, Nokia, Apple and others, while providing a consistent user experience across those and other device platform and operating systems, ” said Brian Bogosian, CEO of VISTO. “VISTO Mobile 6 is uniquely positioned to meet these needs.”
For end users, VISTO Mobile 6 provides a seamless, easy–to-use solution that enables them to stay connected with the people they care about in the way they choose. For mobile operators, VISTO Mobile 6 provides significant opportunities for customer and revenue (ARPU) growth, not only because of its low total cost of ownership and fast time-to-market delivery, but because it enables the operator to harness the power of mobile communications including social networking and email, to provide their customers with exciting new services.
- ends -
VISTO Mobile 6 for End Users
• VISTO Easy Setup™: End-to-end self provisioning with pre-installed clients, enabling mobile email users to set up their service from their device in a matter of seconds
• VISTO worklife.freedom™:
• access email from the most popular portal email providers and social networking sites including Yahoo!, AOL, Google Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Photobucket
• VISTO ConstantSync™: instantly pushes data right to the phone so the end user is always up-to-date – alerts, emails, status messages – everything is always current.
• get notification of new pictures, posts, and other important events from social networking and photo sharing sites from your favorite contacts pushed to your phone
• share photos from your phone to multiple photo sharing sites
• Support for multiple services: send and receive messages from work and personal email and social networking accounts, each with its own inbox, with full attachment handling.
VISTO Mobile 6 for Mobile Operators
• Increase customer satisfaction and revenue generation:
• gain new data plan subscribers with service that provides a truly mobile social networking experience
• integration with browser experience to maintain end user relationship and further monetize opportunities with social networking sites
• increased date usage with simple, integrated photo sharing experience
• enabled for cool and popular mobile phones such
• Lower TCO: unified view of all social network connections means fewer on-device applications and lower sales and support costs
• Provide Value Added Service: develop and offer unique, mobile-centric social networking capabilities designed specifically for your customers
• Security: all communications are secured from end to end to alleviate enterprise concerns around security and give mobile professionals more control over how they use their phones.
Pricing and Availability
VISTO Mobile 6 is available now to mobile operators worldwide. The flexibility of VISTO Mobile 6 enables mobile operators to deliver targeted solutions that address the unique requirements of their customers. Today VISTO offers mobile email services through many of the world’s largest mobile operators in more than 30 countries.
VISTO is the world’s leading mobile push synchronization platform and service provider, enabling mobile operators to provide easy-to-use communications services from email to social networking to photo sharing across the broadest set of devices. The Company’s patented VISTO Mobile™ platform with ConstantSync™ technology works in real time with popular email and social networking services for personal and business use, providing maximum control and flexibility for the operator and choice for the customer. VISTO’s customized, brandable solutions are available through mobile operators worldwide including AT&T, Elisa, Rogers Wireless, Qtel, SmarTone, SFR, Softbank Mobile, Sprint, TELUS, T-Mobile, Turkcell and the Vodafone Group.
Established in 1996 and headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, VISTO has offices in Seattle, Toronto, London, Milan, Paris, Madrid, Dusseldorf, and Tianjin, China. The Company is backed by Oak Investment Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Altitude Capital Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, DFJ ePlanet Ventures, DFJ Growth Fund, Rustic Canyon Ventures, GKM Newport, Stanford Accelerator and Blueprint Ventures. For more information, visit www.visto.com or email email@example.com.
# # #
For more information please contact:
Richard Fogg/Alex Sowden
Phone: +44 (0)118 920 7650
Phone: +1 480 366 6015
Visto Corporation, Visto, the Visto logo, Visto Mobile, ConstantSync, Constant Synchronization and worklife.freedom are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Visto Corporation. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners and are used only to refer to the goods or services identified by those third-party marks. Visto's technology is protected by U.S. Patents 7,228,383; 7,225,231; 7,039,679; 6,085,192; 5,968,131; 6,023,708; 5,961,590; 6,131,116; 6,151,606; 6,233,341; 6,131,096, 6,708,221 and 6,766,454 and various other foreign patents. Other patents pending.
All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks used herein are the property of their respective owners and are used only to refer to the goods or services identified by those third-party marks.